• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen twin or spoon N1

Hi,

Looking to see what everyones thoughts are on the above 2 systems. I'll be sticking with the std manifold/cat for the moment but probably change it down the line with the intentions of getting a JRSC. Power wise is there much difference? Spoon would be with a 'B' midpipe, Mugen i dont know.

Ta.

If both systems you are referiong too ar ecat abck systems, on a standard car, I dont think there would be much between them power wise.

Spoon is nice, but I would go for teh Mugen TL all day.

IMO its a better looking exhaust and sounds fantastic while not being too intrusive.

Maybe a stupid question but......i take it the mugen comes with centre pipe? Price wise then there aint much in it between the spoon and mugen. Any links to twin loop ep3 vids? Doesnt seem to be much of them around.....Did think about j's but too raspy for my liking.....

[youtube]v4-Zo0aQmuA[/youtube]

[youtube]TrkFKuOd4AQ[/youtube]

[youtube]-4szyWNCrh0[/youtube]

bah couldn't get the youtube video link working so here are the links

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the mugen i reckon, sounds nice & looks far better than the N1 on the EP3 imo.

personally i like the sound of the Buddy Club Spec IV, just not sure on the loudness of it

[youtube]c4AEnnrp3t0[/youtube]

All down to personal preference at the end of the day i suppose. Me, i'm looking for something thats going to give the best potential breathing wise but not going to scare old ladies driving by. Think the mugen might be spot on.

All down to personal preference at the end of the day i suppose. Me, i'm looking for something thats going to give the best potential breathing wise but not going to scare old ladies driving by. Think the mugen might be spot on.

if you are going down the FI route i would steer clear of the mugen, it is restrictive on JRSC civics

How so? Well thats a bummer. Talking from experience its best to get it right the 1st time. Alternatives i suppose then are spoon/toda/Fujitsubo. What should i be aiming for in way of headers when the time comes, bearing in mind i'll be looking at a JRSC in the future....

Toda header, Fujitsuobo RM01A Catback, Gruppe M induction, RBC inlet manifold - I had 247bhp N/A with that set up on my JDM CTR (when I had it)

I have tried most of the combos available and found the fuji to be the best of the bunch cat back exhaust wise.

Back