• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Mugen want your feedback

Al

Administrator
Administrator
OK, so M-TEC/Mugen have just emailed me and asked me to ask you FN2 owning guys what tuning parts you would like making (air box, suspension, exhaust, etc) 8)

Unfortunately this does not mean they will produce the parts, its more of a market research thing, but its gotta start somewhere.

Given the lack of after-market goodies from the major tuners for this car this is a good opportunity for you to voice your opinion and get the ball rolling :)

I would have thought more people would be replying to this thread tbh. There are hardly any aftermarket products available for the FN2 and this would be a step in the right direction. :)

A bit more specific than "the lot" would be helpful. Which mod would you like to see most, i.e. which would you be likely to buy first, why? etc etc

I doubt you'll get a decent suspension upgrade from Mugen if you're looking for ride comfort. European companies would be better in that respect. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think major Japanese tunung companies understand the concept that UK roads are shi!te!

Al,

I've been talking to Mugen for the last month about FN2 market.. I suggested trowling through the forums (this one and CTRO) to get an idea of the market. I tried explaining it wasn't the same market as the JDM DC5 :lol:

if there was say an exhaust for an example and one was mugen and the other was XYZ at roughly the same price, id go for XYZ as i think the quality of mugen products is utter **** especially at the high prices they charge

Mugen can easily provide parts for the FN2, by looking at what products are available for the EP3 that can be transposed across. There is a lot of commonality between the two engines, albeit they differ quite considerably. What The Big names need to do is address which parts are common between the two marques and actually advertise the fact. I have spent many an hour trawling site that extol the virtues of the EP3 (owned one and loved it - its not a us and them thread.) and found many sites just don't actually inform you of the fact that, for instance a DC5/EP3 LSD will fit perfectly into a FN2. Even to the extent that they don't link reservoir socks to an FN2.

People appreciate that the model is in its infancy and do not expect that there will be a plethora of modded components as R&D takes time. however even if they offered a reduced range or incorporated the FN2 into their sites I mentioned this to Bazza the day the VTEC Direct was announced, yet I think its short sighted to exclude it from the list as you increase your client base, even if they range is limited.

I think currently, people are after the basics. Same type Airbox (but half the price - Please......:p ) maybe a CF scuttle, Bonnet, a replacement rear wing, lip spoilers. A nice subtly vented bonnet, and a quad loop exhaust :p

Just think of the range that they do that is compatible at present.
LSD, Dressing Items, Decals..........etc. etc. Yet all they have to do is advertise them as FN2, and as the saying goes "Build it and they will come"

People appreciate that the model is in its infancy and do not expect that there will be a plethora of modded components as R&D takes time. however even if they offered a reduced range or incorporated the FN2 into their sites I mentioned this to Bazza the day the VTEC Direct was announced, yet I think its short sighted to exclude it from the list as you increase your client base, even if they range is limited.

I hear what you are saying - we are working on a database update to cover the FN2.. Things like res covers, carbon plug covers, oil filler caps, drop in filters etc will all be listed for the FN2. :p

Nice one. I realise that you will primarily cater for the larger market sector however, word of mouth advertising is priceless and recommendations from a minor sector carries the same weight if not more as invariably limited range means those who cater for them in the early stages capture the niche.

I'll be looking more often :cool:

Back