• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen1314 NHB CTR : Toda / Gruppe M / Seibon / Skunk2

did salems wales run last weekend and loved it
Heres some pictures taken from them. many thanks
20090524_springdrive_67.jpg

20090524_springdrive_78.jpg

20090524_springdrive_80.jpg

20090524_springdrive_82.jpg

20090524_springdrive_88.jpg

20090524_springdrive_106.jpg

This pictures said its all ...... relaxing and just simply absorbing the nice surroundings.
20090524_springdrive_105.jpg

Thanks to Lynda and Andy for arranging this and for the pro pictures

look what arrive today......
Be fitting it tomorrow :twisted:
I always thought the Toda backbox was lighter than the spoon's , I was sooo wrong. :lol: Surprising how big the back box is.
DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0687.jpg

DSC_0689.jpg

DSC_0690.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

Hopefully this shouldnt be that loud :p

Fitted the Toda exhaust this morning, gave it a little test drive. It's so quiet!
Similar to stock standard :shock: In Vtec the Gruppe M's even louder than that. lol
The local garage complimented on the craftmenship of the exhuast and the welding skills on it :cool:
Overal im very happy with it, although i miss the N1 barking back it was nice to turn a new leaf after 4 years of owning a Spoons exhaust.
You also felt there was slightly more throttle responce compared with the spoon. The feeling is its more clean a crisp ( If that made any sense )
DSC03289.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

Cant wait , waiting for the JDM front ARB / RBC / Buddyclub shortshifter should be coming through the post any time.
Booked it in at TGM on 15th to have it all fitted :WOOT

A few updates of the car.
bought some fogs a while back, never manage to hae time to fit them so decided to spend the whole afternoon fitting them.
DSC02557.jpg

Also source out a Buddyclub shortshifter which at first was a bitch to fit.
DSC03312.jpg

After driving around with the Toda exhaust with the OEM manifold ive found there was alot of vibrations coming from the bpipe area when i let go of the throttle. Luckly i only drive the car in the weekends and i quickly booked a slot at TGM to get the RBC / Toda Manifold fitted.
DSC03316.jpg

Tom was a top bloke and its nice to see a guy who takes alot of pride in his work and the passion he give in all the Type R's :smile: Couldnt fault him as he was so busy answering the phone and multi tasking between servicing a car and answering my questions.
Time was running short , so i had no time to get a fast road setup. Instead i got myself a J's Racing Throttle body :twisted:
DSC03318.jpg

DSC03320.jpg

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

After when all the gears fitted it feels so different. More responsive, more power and torque in the low/high ends.
The gruppe M sounds more louder and the mid pipe so :twisted:
More importantly the Toda manifold has cured the vibrations from the bpipe hitting the underside of the chasis.
Many thanks to Tom and Ken at TGM!
Mapping will be done At TDI north..... when i save enough money
Overal for the time being im very content of the power im its producing. Maybe il look into a LSD in the near future.

I think them cable ties may have also helped :lol:

Awesome car, love the rear LCAs in that shot.

Mate that car is becoming something special.

Just need the geo done on it and a new map, are you still on the OEM map?

LSD would be a must if your a track guy a lot of people speak very highly of them.

If I was being picky the only thing im not keen on is the downpointing Toda, but other than that very very jealous of your pieces :smt047 :D .

Mate that car is becoming something special.

Just need the geo done on it and a new map, are you still on the OEM map?

LSD would be a must if your a track guy a lot of people speak very highly of them.

If I was being picky the only thing im not keen on is the downpointing Toda, but other than that very very jealous of your pieces :smt047 :D .
the k100 is map to airfilter / exhaust.
The todas growing on me more and more. More importantly i got it at a good price and it doesnt get you fooked up after a long drive. :p

I loved reading this thread. You created a track worthy none 'chav' Civic Type R.

I only wish other people followed suit.

Good luck with whatever you do next.

looks nice maman,
had the same problem wantn an evo or sti , had my ctr 4 years , ended up getting a tts performance stage 2 supercharger kit, now got 340whp with 15psi boost- should be 380 but my exhasts restricting it. only had it done 2months but its rapid. smoked a few evos, sti nd most other things,

Back