• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Murph's Cosmic Prem **Random Scooby pic last page**

first post storry :smt047

it's a very nice fitting piece of kit. even better in the flesh than the pics if thats possible :twisted:

I've given the pics to Aid tonight, so i'll let him have the pleasure of putting them up, don't want to invade his thread :lol:

think thats what most people waiting for. although murph says TDi fitted one to a dc5 and they said the gains were equal with your usual gruppeM gains.

seems like a good cold air feed from directly behind the grill with a decent scoop direction the air into the box itself etc....

Yet to see any Dyno proof of this.

Not long now fella, just need to save up for my J's header and all will be revealed :cool: Although I am quite tempted to just go up for a Dyno run on the Civic Tuned map :confused:

EDIT: More pics including stage by stage install of the J's will be up tonight and i can get rid of all those horrible phone pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons tuners tend to lean towards the GM as being the best induction kit is that air intake temperature being the coolest.

The J's from what I can see still runs under and to the side of the engine. So I can't see that being any cooler that the GM which, as everyone knows draws its from over the bonnet and from behind the engine.

Still in the real world I don't believe there is that much of a difference. The J's one does look superb.

If I sort out a Dyno run would some one also be willing to go with a decent catback and GruppeM and i will stick my Kpro on the standard ctr map, I'm really interested to see how they perform side by side, because in fairness going off my old mods for comparison is a bit hit and miss since i have changed everything (as soon as i get that new manifold anyway).

Well TDi is the closest for me :cool: I know a lot of people are interested in figures so it seems like it could be a good idea. To be honest I had it for looks and fitment more than anything, as you can probably tell I like things to look nice :lol:

:lol:

It has the Gruppe M beat on looks thats for sure!:cool:

Whats the clearance like from the strut brace to the airbox mate? Any chance of rubbing or does it sit clear.

Looks like the air intake is similar to the mugen, through the grill. Any thoughts on fitting a different grill to maximise air intake?

Clearance wise your looking at about 10-15mm thats if you put the oem thick rubber washer in the right place, which I didnt at first :lol: (all will be revealed when i upload the pics for the how to.. ) The front scoop is actually deceiving it drops down about 4 inches so it goes below the slam panel, then connected to the front of the slam panel and covering all the front of the grille to the right of the H badge is a FRP scoop that directs all the air straight into the duct from the main body of the box, its quite hard to explain but the pics will show you what I mean. I think it would greatly benefit from removing the "type r" badge, or like you say a Mugen or for the best air flow a FEEL'S grille :cool:

Back