• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Murph's WRB GDB STI **Eurospec Update**

I'm aiming for a more blog style thread this time round, hopefully capturing everything i've done and am yet to do, plus I have the help of a shiny new camera I bought earlier this year.

The story so far, at 17 believe it or not I couldnt insure a Subaru and it was the car I wanted to own, so at 19 with a respectable insurance quote after a few years of driving nothing special I purchased my first performance car, the Civic, which I actually grew very attached too. The problem was i always wanted more and after a few attempts and making the switch to an STI I all but gave up.

Then in February 2010 I was made an offer I couldnt refuse (Corleone undertones) and in three days from viewing, the Civic was sold, and I was the proud owner of the car I wanted.

First things first it needed a detail, being the oldest car I had owned the paint looked less than its best.

^Joe to the rescue....

DSCF2160640x480.jpg

DSCF2152640x480.jpg

DSCF2141640x480-1.jpg

DSCF2149640x480.jpg

After this started the need for better handling, it felt barge like in comparison to the Civic, which was my main focus since the previous owner had already bumped up the power to a respectable 320/322. With the new stance this was the look at JAE last year.

100_0171.jpg

IMG_1734copy.jpg

Items currently fitted

Suspension/Geo
Whiteline front adjustable drop links
Whiteline solid rear droplinks
Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar
Tein monoflex coilovers
Superpro roll centre bushes
Superpro caster bushes
JDM OEM rear strut brace
Perrin front upper strut brace
Bridgestone RE070s

Engine/Power
Zerosports air intake pipe
Arc super induction box
Prodrive 100 cell sports cat and secondary decat pipe
Fujitsubo RM01A
Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Cusco radiator cooling panel
Prodrive battery tie bar
Zerosports Cool Action II Intercooler Splitter
Zerosports 1.3 Radiator Cap

Styling
Zunsport black mesh grilles
STI V-limited style front splitter
Prodrive stone deflectors
OEM wheels powdercoated dark gold
Debadge/Desticker
Carbon Bonnet

Interior

Defi STI licensed boost/oil temp/oil pressure gauges
Defi triple meter hood
Defi STI licensed link control unit
Zerosports push start button

Items awaiting fitment
Zerosports radiator hoses
Cusco oil catch can

Items awaiting delivery
Cusco front strut brace
Syms reservoir cover

Thanks for looking! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Always like the 'blob eyes' thing they are my favourite style of the saloon Scooby's. Nice mods and good condition.

How many miles has it done Murph?

Good Stuff Aid. Very nice man. :)

I have heard amazing stuff about Whiteline parts :cool:

Always like the 'blob eyes' thing they are my favourite style of the saloon Scooby's. Nice mods and good condition.

How many miles has it done Murph?

I agree mate. Aside a soft spot for the P1 - the 'blob-eye' is my favourite styled Scooby. I like the shape of the 'hawk-eye' lights, but the revisions to the grille (segmented) let it down for me.

Hi V-TEC yes it was at the TDI rolling road last autumn I can't stay away from TRO meets, some very good results that day, that skyline was a beast!

Thanks Alia, I still need to get those wind deflectors you have! Have you seen that wisde arch blob wagon on scoobynet? done by HT autos, droool! Its actually done 65k, which to me seems a lot, all my other cars have been less than 20k. What about yours?

Cheers TR, well to be honest the sway bar and rear links were fitted by the previous owner so I just added to it with the front ones. To be fair at first I was like pfft these arent JDM, but they do get a lot of praise at the Scooby tuners! Totally agree with you on the hawk eyes!

Below is a few pics I took when PMP came up to pick up his CTR from Stoke! Enjoy..

Image4.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

Desktop.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image5.jpg

I agree with the P1's they are my favourite, then the RB320 even though its a hawkeye shape. I'm pushing 90k on my wagon, I keep looking at Forrester STI's and Audi's :lol: maybe see what is happening in the next 12 months. Not seen the wide arch on SN, I only go there when I want some specific information.

The wind deflectors are nice, but because the doors are frameless areound the window, they are a lot smaller because they have to sit on the body of the car, not the door frame. So the JDM civic ones are better IMO compared to the scoob ones, because they sit a bit lower. But they help with the wind noise when the window is down and deflect a lot of wind so you don't get buffeted as much.

I agree with the P1's they are my favourite, then the RB320 even though its a hawkeye shape. I'm pushing 90k on my wagon, I keep looking at Forrester STI's and Audi's :lol: maybe see what is happening in the next 12 months. Not seen the wide arch on SN, I only go there when I want some specific information.

The wind deflectors are nice, but because the doors are frameless areound the window, they are a lot smaller because they have to sit on the body of the car, not the door frame. So the JDM civic ones are better IMO compared to the scoob ones, because they sit a bit lower. But they help with the wind noise when the window is down and deflect a lot of wind so you don't get buffeted as much.

Really! I wouldn't have said 90k, although now you mention I think I remember you saying 80kish at JAE. Fozza would be an awesome car to own, Litchfield always seem to have some.

The wind deflection aspect doesn't really bother me i'm having them purely for looks lol

Awesome car! I'm a great fan of all things jap. Blue and gold is the best mix. Its nice to see one so well looked after for a change! I'll keep my eyes peeled at JAE

Looks good murph, you coming to JAE in this again this year?

OFC!!!

Thanks Leo, it will be on the TRO stand, tis the only place to be seen.

To those awaiting pics of the Defis (probably just Alia...maybe?) hopefully have some up this weekend, with pics of my new c/f hood :cool: Useless without pics i know...

:) Are you putting the defi's in a centre pod? where the clock is? I have a pod, probably from the previous owners gauges, but only a clock and storage wallet there.

:) Are you putting the defi's in a centre pod? where the clock is? I have a pod, probably from the previous owners gauges, but only a clock and storage wallet there.

Yes mate, they are in a DEFI centre pod, where the clock used to be, you don't realise how useful a clock is 'till you don't have it! Wired the control unit in the glovebox, keeps it out of sight and tidy. Could get 50 quid on SN for it, if your not keeping it? Do you need a battery tie bar? I fancy a Prodrive one from Holdcroft so my plain billet one will be going spare?

Yeah, sounds cool man, that's a popular place for them in Scoob's. I have the standard black one, I have looked for some, the prodrive one's are nice, but I don't have anything prodrive on my car :lol: I found these:

Stupid long link :lol:
http://www.scoobyparts.com/cgi/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.scoobyparts.com%2fcgi%2fsh000001.pl%3fREFPAGE%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.scoobyparts.com%2f%26WD%3dbattery%26SHOP%3d %26PN%3dALLOY_BATTERY_CLAMP.html%23aAL_2fBC&WD=clamp&SHOP= &PN=ALLOY_BATTERY_CLAMP.html%23aAL_2fBC#aAL_2fBC

Was maybe going to get an STi one before JAE.

Back