• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

As requested Krooza! I couldn't behind it to get a better pic as I've too close to the wall but hope this gives some idea :)

attachment.php

looking forward to going home at 4:30 :D

I knew what u meant mate! Looks nice but might go for a 4inch exhaust as I think spoon n1's are 3inch?

So..another update...<br><br>Had a go at the calipers over the bank holiday and I'm quite happy with the result...ok it's not "professional finish" but not far off for the price of 2 brushes :D

attachment.php
[/IMG]

So I had some of this lying around after I done my ST...might as well put it to good use...

attachment.php
[/IMG]

This was the state of my rear passenger caliper before cleaning, etc... I used a wire brush and a cloth which seemed to do the trick nicely to be honest...

attachment.php
[/IMG]

and this was the outcome after 2 coats, I let the paint partially dry for about 10 minutes before applying coat #2. The great thing with this paint....no drips or brush marks...great for novices.

FRONT PASSENGER CALIPER (before)

attachment.php
[/IMG]

FRONT PASSENGER CALIPER (after)

attachment.php
[/IMG]

I didn't have much room to get great pics but I think this is a nice shot...

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Look's nice matey :) i still think reds the best colour for caliper's on ep3's. Even though it's the most common one.

Yea i considered blue but just wouldnt look right.

im looking at some at the moment funnily enough! It was doing the calipers that made me realise, fronts are ok but rear definitely need changing

I've grown to love it and the sound it produces, pretty sure they don't do a twin N1 would be nice though

Another update...bought a Pipercross Viper Induction Kit off ebay, being a bit tight with money I went with a second hand one....been on the previous car for around 500-700 miles but didn't like it so went back to standard... arrived yesterday...

Apart for the ducting, everything is in really good condition, air filter looked to have been cleaned prior to sending (still gave it all a once over)

then came to fitting the dam thing! Removal of the old air box..not a problem, fitting the kit...not a problem, started securing it in place by using one of the airbox bolts and it snapped!! a 20 minute job turned into a 60 minute job as the snapped bolt needed drilling out and then the bracket needed re-threading, needless to say I was not impressed...

So after being nearly beaten by a 1.5" piece of metal I finally got the kit fitted to the car running the ducting round, past the battery and lodged where the original parts used to sit. Apologies for the pics, it got rather dark pretty quick but I'm sure you get the idea.

Took it for a spin to see what it was like and to be honest alot of it is cancelled out from the exhaust noise so it is hard to hear it, took it down the bypass near me and got it into VTEC and then I heard it however it might be me but I did expect it to be slightly louder on cross over..

I know pipercross get a bad write up compared to other kits but to be honest I don't want to be worrying about heatsoak or hydrolocking, etc so this, to me, was a good buy as a compromise for the more expensive induction kits, I would say I'm 80% satisfied but I do wish I had bought it before the exhaust but for now, it will do :)

MOT next and then I can start spending some money

Back