• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

Been a while since I've added anything to the car... MOT last week so wanted to hold off, few advisories which were;

Front brake pads wearing thin
Centre section exhaust flange deteriorated
Front Tyres 3mm
Rear O/S tyre 2mm

So nothing major but either way need doing.. I planned on changing the centre section to an unsilenced Supersprint anyway so it kind of worked in my favour...

Bought this for what I think was a good price from a chap on ebay..after finally tearing through the lengths and lengths of parcel tape, bubble wrap and cardboard I was left with this

I had trouble with the Spoon N1 currently fitted where it was rattling against the bottom of the car so bought some Powerflex adjustable exhaust mounts which sorted the problem. I also replaced the gaskets both front and rear of the b-pipe...Honda wanted £27 for the two whereas Motofacts charged £2.87...where the hell is the justice in that!?

After hours of grinding and pulling (mainly due to the sh*t bolts) the old exhaust was removed and the supersprint fitted... I knew it was going to be louder than OEM but I didnt expect it to be as loud as it is lol I think it is marmite you will either love it or hate it...I have been wanting that japanese sounding car for a while and now I've got it so I can live with the noise...at low rpm it isn't so bad to be honest but as soon as you hit the accelerator it gets quite loud... I am currently uploading a video to youtube of the inside and outside for people thinking of fitting the same as what I have.

So, after I get back from my holiday the next stops are;

Ferodo DS2500 pads with braided brake lines
4x New tyres
Change the gearbox oil
Fix the bumper

Then I might start tarting up the interior as it could do with some love :)

Video was 90 mins into upload and had 10% to go and my laptop died...furious is an understatement lol I will restart upload tomorrow when in work as they have better internet connection lol

Bought some parts for the car so thought I would update as it has been quite a while....

Changed the gearbox oil last week with Honda MTF transmission fluid, was told by Honda I needed 4L but stuck to my guns in the dealership and bought 2L...turned out I only used 1.8L....guess they just wanted my money at £12 a litre :eek: gears are so smooth now!

Santa came early today... following my MOT I decided it was time to change my pads which lead to me also buying some HEL Performance brake lines, Motul RBF600 fluid and new discs...my credit card is currently crying...

Never really dealt with discs....god they are heavy lol

Was told this is some of the best stuff...hope so at how much it was lol air freshener was a nice touch...cheers opie oils ;)

Bought these from a nice chap on ebay, brand new £40 inc postage, was after red ones from the word go so this played out perfectly.

Aimed to buy some brembo's however after ordering, ABP contacted me to say they were out of stock and wouldn't be available for 12 weeks....whether there was much truth in that, I don't know but I decided I wasn't going to take the risk and bought some mintex discs which I have read mixed reviews for but as I'm only using the car for road use I don't see the problem. Will be fitted Saturday, so will hopefully a difference.

P.s. also bought some new genuine mats, looks sooo much better and changing my pipercross viper induction for a Typhoon kit, I probably will upgrade to a Gruppe M in the future when funds allow

So...Think I might have to be gentle with parts for a little while as my account recovers lol although I am thinking FRSU in the near future ;)

Typhoon Induction finally turned up this evening

Removed the Pipercross Kit and got this fitted within 20 mins, took it for a test drive and have to admit there is quite a difference when VTEC kicks in :D very happy chappy!! I know I should have bought a Teg M or Gruppe but at the moment I just don't have the funds so this is a good stop-gap, I've streched the ducting as far as it will go and positioned it to give a good cold air flow.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Back