• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 05 NHB Rotrex'ed 315 wbhp / 370.8bhp

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
That's it, my baby is ready for presentation...

Pics
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/typerlover/20070627CARWithHumungousBonnetScoop

First Drive

Richard came to pick me up from Northants station with my car. The drive back to Silverstone was ok, but with today's weather we couldnt properly play with the power.

My drive back home was way more entertaining though :twisted:

and what I have to say is OMG I love that power!

We've mapped it so it's civilised till 4500 rpm, and then goes mental till the redline. As you can see from the dyno map. max bhp is 287bhp (at the wheels), and torque 230ft/lbs, so decent for an EP3 ;) :lol: :twisted:.
Oh yeah, I got a "track map" too... which is much faster from 3000 rpm.

Now I have ONE real map that does all that. And a safe one too...

Specs

Tanabe underbrace
Energy Suspension engine mounts
Camber adjusters
Yokohama Parada Pro Spec 2 in 215x40x17
Injen cold air intake (tweaked to fit the charger)
750cc injectors
uprated fuel circuit
K-Pro

oh yes, and ...
:twisted: ROTREX supercharger :twisted:
Intercooler
SUBARU Impreza WRX bonnet scoop

new June 29:
Muteki open wheel nuts
HID

new July 8:
AEM UEGO A/F gauge
JDM Rear ARB

new July 24:
Remap

new August 9:
AST coilovers

new November 8:
Supersprint manifold with sport cat
Brembo 4pots 320mm
Seibon carbon Mugen style rear spoiler
new Rotrex supercharger
basic remap

some time in December
TGM baffled sump

new January 19:
custom made bonnet
Spark plugs NGK BKR8EIX
yet another remap!

Binned the front 2 tyres and fitted the rear one instead. Then changed the rear from the Parada Specs 2 to Eagle F1. Apart from less road noise and finally some thread, not much to say...

February 17
Fuelling fixed English-stylee, with a cuppa :D
Car now pulls all the way to 8600, not fuelling issues.
Mapping had to be altered in drastic ways now that I got fuel pressure.

February 18
Remap by Romain @ our usual Surrey RR...
before remapping (so BlueWater map... ) 333.7bhp

after remapping ...
  • Crank Power 370.8bhp
  • Wheel power 315.0bhp
  • Torque 233 @ 8000rpm

February 25
Quaife diff OUT !!! .... and Kaaz diff in ;)
J's Racing rear strut brace
Clutchmaster fx300

March 23
J's Racing inner fenders. Can be seen when the door is half open ;)
Pivot Raizin Spark Type S
Violence oil catch tank

Mapping:
Tuners: Romain, myself

• 07/08/2007 @ Surrey Rolling Road - 337.8bhp
  • 07/02/2008 @ Surrey Rolling Road - 337.6bhp
  • 18/02/2008 @ Surrey Rolling Road - 370.6bhp

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what i think already, but what the hell....

One HELL of a car :twisted:

Cant wait to go in it soon and get some wicked pics/vids :D:D

Looking good there Type_R_Lover

i still think that bonnet scope is a joke thou

i'll have a chat with ya over the tour no doubt

As Spenc said, I don't like the bonnet @ all, thought about a BC one?

But the spec & graph look awesome Anouar!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Defo have to take me for a spin when your back from the HET.
Dry days only though :lol:

Nice spec. As said above the bonnet is awful but i suppose its there for a purpose with the IC. Why didn't you get the FMIC? Could of had a nice looking bonnet then

Very high spec machine and I appreciate the work, effort and money that has gone into it, just not liking to bonnet scoop at all. I know it serves a purpose in feeding air to your TMIC but it just doesn't do the car any justice whatsoever. Many people will not understand why you have it there.

As long as your happy with though I suppose that's all that matters.

Thanks guys for you inputs. I have to say that when I saw the scoop at first I asked myself if Richard was taking the f*ing p!ss :eek: :eek: ?!

But you kinda get use to it (well... not really!).

The reason I couldnt get a front mounted intercooler is that I would have had to get rid of my A/C, and that was out of the question.

Watch this space though as it will not stay like that for ever, I have to sort that out somehow. Any suggestion is welcome by the way.

Al, I already got the AEM gauge (bought it from N77 a while ago), I just need to fit it.

btw if you want a ride then just ask. Just make sure you're ready for it :lol: :twisted:

I don't know if you saw my suggestion Anouar, but would a Buddy Club bonnet not feed the intercooler?

I know it's designed to let hot air out of the bay, but surely it must allow some air through too?

I don't know if you saw my suggestion Anouar, but would a Buddy Club bonnet not feed the intercooler?

I know it's designed to let hot air out of the bay, but surely it must allow some air through too?

Yeah I saw it :smt023I ALWAYS read your replies mate ... :lol:

The scoop's main objective is to "push" air down on the intercooler. A BC bonnet, as you mentioned, helps air getting out of the engine bay.
I think I would need some kind of scoop even on a BC.

How often do you use the A/C? Is it really that imperative that you keep it?

Yeah I saw it :smt023I ALWAYS read your replies mate ... :lol:

The scoop's main objective is to "push" air down on the intercooler. A BC bonnet, as you mentioned, helps air getting out of the engine bay.
I think I would need some kind of scoop even on a BC.

:lol::lol::lol: Git!!!

How about modding your own bonnet to have a BC scoop in reverse if thats make any sense?

Instead of the leading edge leading up the bonnet, have your modded so it leads down the bonnet acting sorta like a Gruppe Scoop.

Don't know if that makes sense explaining it that way, but it makes sense in my head. :lol:

How about modding your own bonnet to have a BC scoop in reverse if thats make any sense?

Instead of the leading edge leading up the bonnet, have your modded so it leads down the bonnet acting sorta like a Gruppe Scoop.

Don't know if that makes sense explaining it that way, but it makes sense in my head. :lol:
I'm sure many strange things make sense in your head Lee! :p

I see what you mean Lee. I was waiting for someone else to make the comment on "sense" and "in your head". The forum never fails you :lol: ...

i'm sure Matt (comp guru) could give you some ideas about a gruppem type intake

I'll pm/check with him when we come back from the HET. He might make the first F1 like EP3 :lol:

Very nice, could you not get the bonnet done in Evo style, ie an inlet hole but without the scoop?

Mods = AWESOME, as i said in the other post about it Anouar.

But you got to get that scoop sorted!! I know it's a case of function vs looks, but like Chris said above, maybe an Evo scoop would be better? Or maybe CompGuru can custom make you one? Project time!!!

Back