• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2002 CW DC5

small update, purchased a Kpro ECU yesterday for my car from a fellow forum member, great thing for m is that i dont need to exchange the ECU so its easier when i sell the car or if i need to sell the ECU for any reason. Also bought a set of Civic type R alloys from another forum member which i ntend to refurb a lairy colour and when i get some cash put a set of R888's on for track days

Cant wait to get it mapped now! Using a local guy so if/when i get a manifold or PRC i can get the map tweeked easily and cheaply

small update, purchased a Kpro ECU yesterday for my car from a fellow forum member, great thing for m is that i dont need to exchange the ECU so its easier when i sell the car or if i need to sell the ECU for any reason. Also bought a set of Civic type R alloys from another forum member which i ntend to refurb a lairy colour and when i get some cash put a set of R888's on for track days

Cant wait to get it mapped now! Using a local guy so if/when i get a manifold or PRC i can get the map tweeked easily and cheaply

I trust it is a DC5 Kpro?

DC5 is PRC
EP3 is PRA
JDM EP3 is PRD

Cracking car you got there, good to see you put the effort into keeping the paintwork at 100%.

well mapping done and only a tiny gain in peak BHP and Torque, i am a bit dissapointed if i am honest but the car has only basic mods, gruppem and cat back. I would have got mani and RBC first but my engine management light sort of forced my hand a bit, this is turned off by the k pro. So i will get an RBC and mani and get the map tweaked and see if the kpro helps more then than it does now.

Will also put these dyno graphs in the relevant thread and compare them to others etc, at least my base figure is good and was only 5bhp lower than the first rolling road day i did at another venue.

06-02-2010184648.jpg

06-02-2010184658.jpg

it was mapped by gotboost in cardiff. BHP is smooth as and torque is a bit jumpy but have seen others with similar mods and its the same

Not bad mate, by looking at the figures. Great stuff. It's good to see the max torque is increasing.

YES AND THIS IS WITH STANDARD MANIFOLD AND CAT SO WHEN I CHANGE THAT AND FIT AND RBC I AM SURE IT WILL GET MORE POWER AND TORQUE PLUS A SMOOTHER TORQUE CURVE

Excuse the capitals!

well just bought an RBD and DC sports manifold, came sooner than i thought but hey ho! Will get map tweeked when funds allow and i get the time tofit the said items!

Forgot i never posted this on here :eek:

Well I have tried a few ways of covering items in carbon but so far they have all looked awful. I finally found something i thought looked good and bought some this week to try. Its a little pricey but looks very real, its the dry carbon look, its like the stuff they use in BMW's etc and has a proper weave like carbon and can be fitted inside the car or out.

Only thing with my car is thereare not many places inside, and outside because its white i couldn't find anything I though would look good. Anyway some pics before!

73ae51e2.jpg

878382b4.jpg

77b8957d.jpg

6a8fb124.jpg

and after!

d640a834.jpg

48fc3df5.jpg

5051ce65.jpg

03b8590e.jpg

c6b52a91.jpg

2ff9acfc.jpg

9163e856.jpg

593f97f0.jpg

b07e496e.jpg

ac336ba5.jpg

6377ed26.jpg

As you can see its a dry type carbon not the shiny wet type but i think it looks really good and it was my first attempt, got a few other people wanting some bits done soon so will post pics as i go!

Results look great! :smt023.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does it work? Or is it just a case of cut to fit?

I'd quite like to do the centre console in my DC5.

its a film but when heated goes very saggy lol! then you pull it over the pice and it dries hard. Good stuff, am doing a few bits for others. Problem with stereo surround is it staying tidy when putting it back in the car as its a tight fit.

Just read this from start to finish, and really like this!
All the bits you've done are awesome... And I really like the CF stuff.
My friend's done his 'R' badges, and door handles the same, they look awesome too!

Keep up the good work!

its a film but when heated goes very saggy lol! then you pull it over the pice and it dries hard. Good stuff, am doing a few bits for others. Problem with stereo surround is it staying tidy when putting it back in the car as its a tight fit.

Do they do any in wet look carbon? If so, link please.

Back