• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 4g Prelude track car

Hey all, just a couple of picture to get me goin :)

This is when i did 8 laps at oulton park before my brakes gave in :p
429876_10150609748888811_717853810_9426216_1705772359_n.jpg

then this was me at anglesey easter weekend on a Lotus day :p The silver exige finally got out my way.
the blue exige and s2000 are very close friends of mine.
My first proper track day, mannaged to get 80 laps in haha. Brakes were fine this time, Freodo ds3000 did me proud!
lude.jpg

And a vid of me doin a few laps :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edfcNoUxW4&feature=youtu.be

Very nice indeed. Surprises a few cars on track I bet!

Ya it does, its one of them cars you wouldn't think it be so quick :p

But so far i have done is:
full ss exhaust (need new one ***), greddy headder, atr gearbox, leaking non adjustable ohilns lol, colway 205/50/15 tarmac tyres up front (track only), freodo ds3000 pads, bremtec discs and no bracing what so ever! on my to do list.
Weight reduction, everythin from front seats back has been taken out, sunroof gone and alloy sheet rivvited in lol and 2ws convertion i recon 60-70kg gone so far :p

Brilliant!

What is the benefit of the ATR gearbox? Are the OEM Prelude ratios even longer than the ATR's?

Ya BB1 uk car, it was 4ws, but swaped the rear subframe for 2ws. Bought it in September last year for £600 lol Runs perfect! typical honda haha.
When i took the manifold off to fit the greddy there wasnt any soot at all in the standard one! Thats when i knew the engine is running perfect!

We were talking about the 4WS the other night on these, such a weird thing to get used to. Did you track it with the 4WS, or strip it straight off?

Took me ages to get used to the 4WS on the Gen 5, parallel parking was a total cock for the first couple of weeks. Turning in semi circles at slow speeds gets tedious. :lol:

This preludes 4ws wasnt working when i bought it, normally a ecu problem. But ive had one before with the 4ws working and prefer it without.
Feels more direct and predictable with just 2ws. You just got to put up with a bigger turning circle.

From what I remember they used to die, and be quite an expensive fix.

I'm guessing the turning circle without 2WS is similar to the DC2, bloody awful!

Yes the 4g ludes had a common 4ws ecu problem, it was just esier an more reliable to have 2ws.

Id say its worse than a dc2 lol, only because i had a dc2 and with this lude i have to stay out a bit wider when turning into the drive lol

Yep that sounds familiar, I did remember reading about pulling a fuse to get 2WS so the car was at least drivable if it croaked.

Have you got the retro digi dash in yours? Used to love that on the gen 4s, shame they lost it for the 5th Gens actually.

Blimey, worse than the DC2. That's some going, no wonder Honda opted for 4WS on the Ludes then. :lol:

Haha you should be! Get my 888's tomorrow :) new eggsauce soon, hopefully shocks and about another 40kg to lose :)

Just a pointer, unless you've swapped the ATR diff out for a 1.5 way, the stock LSD is a helical 1 way diff if it's like all the other honda LSDs, and works under load only as far as I know.

How do you find the balance of the car running grippy fronts and normal rears?

Sorry yes a 1 way lsd, its a standard atr box.

And the car understeers still with no oversteer what so ever! I can throw it into corners or lift off the power mid corner and the back never came out! It was very predictable, very easy to control with the throttle.
But gettin a new suspension setup hopefully and r888s on the front an goin to see what happens then.

Back