• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 98 spec JDM DC2 and a few of my old rides

One of my favourite pics of my car :)

Photo011.jpg

Astra VXR (standard)

vxr.jpg

UK Integra Type R (standard)

CA5WIXXJ.jpg

Civic Type R (kpro, spoon, plus JDM goodies 195WHP)

100_0871.jpg

205 Gti (306gti-6 engine conversion :twisted:) sorry for poor quality, these are pictures of pictures

pug.jpg

pug2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet DC2s my man.

So you went to a DC2 from a VXR? Good choicings.

Thanks mate :):)

Yeah I actually went from a DC2 to the Astra VXR and back to a DC2 again lol

Got the VXR cos I always liked the look of them. It was the first petrol turbo car I'd driven and instantly got hooked on the torque!! Wasn't long until I started missing being able to go round corners and really missed the driver involvement/rewards of the teg! One day I was driving to my mates and got left standing in the VXR by a standard 96 spec JDM DC2 ON THE STRAIGHT!!!

That was the moment I saw the light again and so began my search of a 98 spec JDM! Had it now since November 2008 which makes it the longest I've owned one car lol wont be going anywhere in a hurry either :)

Having owned both a uk dc2 & ep3, which did you prefer as a driving experience?

I had a good think about that before I sold the Astra! I did think about getting a JDM EP3 cos I loved mine especially in its final state of tune!

Obviously I got myself another teg which was purely down to driving experience, fun and the way it makes you feel!

I just wanna drive it all the time :D

Great looking Teg how did you find the build quality of the VXR?

It was only 18 months old when I sold it and wasn't really that bad to be honest. Did have a locking issue where sometimes it just wouldn't lock/unlock from the remote which it spent at least one day a week at the local dealers while they tried to sort out!! Turned out it was the aerial interfering with the signal from the remote lol

I'm not convinced that it'd stand the test of time very well though - they dont seem to build cars like they used to....

I had a good think about that before I sold the Astra! I did think about getting a JDM EP3 cos I loved mine especially in its final state of tune!

Obviously I got myself another teg which was purely down to driving experience, fun and the way it makes you feel!

I just wanna drive it all the time :D

I've put a deposit down on a 98 spec dc2, not due in the country untill the 8th. I cant wait!

I've put a deposit down on a 98 spec dc2, not due in the country untill the 8th. I cant wait!

Dude that's immense!!!

I bet the next few days will feel sooooo long - they did the week leading up to me getting mine but the drive back from Devon was well worth it :D

Where are you getting it from and does it have any mods yet?

Back