• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My AEM CAi is finally here

Ordered from TDI north. Going to fit over the weekend. Have read many good things and many bad things about this kit so am worried. Surely if i just avoid deep puddles then i wont have a problem with hydrolock.
Who fitted one of these and was happy?
Who fitted one and had problems?
Just want to clear the doubt in my mind before fitted. Heard the gains are good? and the sound even better?
Will i get better high end performance or lower down torque?:(

Sound great man you will love it.

I have only heard of 1 person to have got hydro lock, I would't worry mate.

Prob the best £180 I spent on my car!

In terms of hydrolock, you need to go through at least a foot of water (given your car is not lowered!)
I had no problems with mine (even in heavy rain conditions), a bit tricky to fit *** (battery needs to come out!) but well worth the effort

Not too sure of gains as that was my only mod, but the more you mod the bigger its impact!

The sound when V-TEC flicks on is genius! Hope you like it!

You should try and get the K&N oiled filter to replace the AEM dry flow filter. Works much better with the wet :)

Now its fitted i have a large empty space in my engine bay thats a little annoying. Anybody else found this?

Back