• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My ATR

Looks like you're in a great position to start off with. Just needs a bit of a spit and polish. :cool:

I like. A lot.

My budget just got bigger to choose a car, a lot bigger. Considering a really late one of these.

Go for it mate.

To be brutally honest, the ATR is easier to drive faster than a DC5 on a typical UK B or A road as the suspension is much softer, so it doesn't skip and hop on minor bumps in the road. it just glides over them. While she doesn't accelerate as fast (very long gearing) she is very very quick point to point. It's almost effortless gliding over the bumps whereas in the DC5 it can get a bit lairy at times especially when closer to the limit. I'm looking forward to getting the tyres changed as they are budget and not all that good.

I think you could be right.

Currently I tool around in a work car that isn't strictly a company car, but I use every day. Discussed with my MD today and he agreed to give me an extra £200 per month if I hand the current motor back as he can then flog it on.

He knows I have been struggling to justify buying another R when we have Emma's pox Smart and the company car already. He's a petrol head so knows that I hate the current diesel dull mobile loads and really wanted something quick and fun. Offering me more cash on top of the rise he gave me last month anyway should mean I can buy something proper. The DC2 is tempting but the ACR loads more practical and family friendly plus comfy. I'll be using it every day too.

I think you've helped me make my mind up.

What kind of MPG are you getting at the moment?

MPG so far - crap so far as I've been caining it everywhere. I put £65 quid in and got 270 miles before the light come on, but since it's new to me and I'm driving it at warp 10 it isn't really fair. From looking on the ATR forum the figures are as follows.

VTEC often - 250 miles / 55 litres / 20 mpg
Moderate VTEC (inc town driving) - 300 miles / 55 litres / 24.8 mpg
Steady progress or constant (motorway) - 350 miles / 55 litres / 29 mpg

Those seats look nice and comfortable!

Dude, PM me your postcode re detailing and im sure we could sort something.

I had a set of those seats in my EP3 Chris, is the inflatable lumbar still working?

V reg Honda's FTW.

Is that a low level OEM spoiler, I thought they were bigger than that.

Seats are in good nick for a car of that age. :)

Thought they were lighter on fuel than that though. :eek:

Apart from a little wear on the drivers bolster and a few minor stains on the rear matt, the interior is spotless. The steering wheel is a bit tatty but apart from these few bits, you'd never guess it's 11 years old.

As for the economy, it's an old school VTEC engine, so not going to be as frugal as a K series. I'm sure if I took it easy I could get 350 out of a tank but that's never going to happen.

I had a set of those seats in my EP3 Chris, is the imflatable lumber still working?

V reg Honda's FTW.

Is that a low level OEM spoiler, I thought they were bigger than that.

Everything on the seats work mate. Though I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to me as if the seat reclines ever so slightly by itself over time as I'm always having to put it more upright.

Spoiler is standard. It's also a pain as it blocks the drivers face out in the car behind, so it's hard to tell if the lass in the car behind is a hottie or not.

As for the economy, it's an old school VTEC engine, so not going to be as frugal as a K series. I'm sure if I took it easy I could get 350 out of a tank but that's never going to happen.

That's the way to approach owning a Type-R right there.

Have a look @ Brembo HC disks ;)

Got any more info?

You lazy sod :lol:
They are just called Brembo High Carbon disks mate. Been running them on mine with DS2500 pads & braided lines since last Sept & they are very good. Lots of the Clio guys run them even with high powered cars. Not worth looking @ the Brembo Max disks as they are the same, but with grooves. But the grooves wear off if you run them with decent pads & just leave you with HC disks but at additional cost.

You say it's easier to make progress more of the time in the ATR compared to the DC5, what springs where you running on the DC5 & did you have FRSU?

You lazy sod :lol:
They are just called Brembo High Carbon disks mate. Been running them on mine with DS2500 pads & braided lines since last Sept & they are very good. Lots of the Clio guys run them even with high powered cars. Not worth looking @ the Brembo Max disks as they are the same, but with grooves. But the grooves wear off if you run them with decent pads & just leave you with HC disks but at additional cost.

You say it's easier to make progress more of the time in the ATR compared to the DC5, what springs where you running on the DC5 & did you have FRSU?

Tom is looking at some options for me, he knows my budget for brakes so I'm sure he'll find something.

I had Eibach springs and the FRSU mate.

Everything on the seats work mate. Though I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to me as if the seat reclines ever so slightly by itself over time as I'm always having to put it more upright.

As I said Chris. The seats are exactly the same as the ones in my Evo. The seats reclining on their own is a known issue and there is a bodge/cure for it.

A quick dig on the MLR came up with :- just drill a hole either side of the triangular knob then thread a black tie wrap around it..

Don't know how brave you're feeling :)

As I said Chris. The seats are exactly the same as the ones in my Evo. The seats reclining on their own is a known issue and there is a bodge/cure for it.

A quick dig on the MLR came up with :- just drill a hole either side of the triangular knob then thread a black tie wrap around it..

Don't know how brave you're feeling :)

Cheers Des. You free on Saturday?

So I was checking the oil today and I notice that the Alternator belt has almost gone. So another expense coming up today.

She's getting serviced a week on Saturday at TGM. Tom is doing the full works, excluding cam belt which was only done 12000 miles ago. Front disks and pads are getting changed too. That'll probably cost in the region of £300, hopefully there aren't many things picked up when he gives it the once over! There is also a knocking sound coming from the rear right which I am hoping Tom will find and cure.

looks nice chris,any better pics after a clean yet?

I test drove one of these and found the airbox to be very lound when vtec"ing for a standard car,not muffled like the ep3.

It's been cleaned and is dirty again! :lol:

To be honest, it's got loads of swirls etc on it, I don't want to put too may up till it's been detailed.

Yeah it's mega loud, almost Typhoon/AEM loud. I thought at first that my airbox had been modded or something.

Back