• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My ATR

The Accord was serviced yesterday. There was a mix up with the brake disk order so they weren't changed. They will have to wait till I can get the car to TGM again, hopefully soon as they really are on their last legs. Spark plugs were changed, the old ones were in a poor state so glad they were done. Also had the tappets done as well as air filter, engine oil etc. Car runs as well as ever.

Only problem found was that the crank pulley is not running true so will have to be changed. New one from Honda is £200, but Andy at VTEC Direct can get me one for £150. I'll be keeping an eye out on eBay etc for one.

Tom commented that for it's age and mileage, the car is in great condition and he was impressed with it.

There's a few pulleys on eBay from the far East and USA, just need to find out if they work on the H22A7. Including shipping they work out at less than £100. I can deal with the wait.

Lack of internet lately means I've completely missed this thread.

How's the VTEC shift coming on? Takes a while to keep it on cam through the gears but it's a joy when you do.

Lack of internet lately means I've completely missed this thread.

How's the VTEC shift coming on? Takes a while to keep it on cam through the gears but it's a joy when you do.

It's still a pain. In the DC5 you could change around 500 rpm before the limiter and still be in VTEC, with the ATR, you have to be right on it. I might invest in a VTEC controller and lower VTEC by 500 rpm.

The ATR being my first R I got used it it, but it can be tricky and hamper progress (you can't always drive it up to the redline), this is the big thing I noticed when I moved to the FD2 - a lot easier to keep the i-VTEC engines in the powerband.

I fitted a Typhoon on mine, a great Saturday afternoon job. Power gains - marginal at best but worth it for the noise alone :twisted:

So my passenger recorded a video on my local runway.

[video=youtube;F7VvTAPNxpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7VvTAPNxpE[/video]

Purpose is to demonstrate the noise difference when it comes on cam. As you can hear, it sounds like the K20 does with an aftermarket intake. Mine is stock. I wonder what it'll sound like with a Typhoon. :twisted:

It's still a pain. In the DC5 you could change around 500 rpm before the limiter and still be in VTEC, with the ATR, you have to be right on it. I might invest in a VTEC controller and lower VTEC by 500 rpm.

Probably explains why my old B18 Civic was thrashed mercilessly :twisted:

Sure does sound nice, but looks like it doesn't like to rev.
Has to be the inertia of the 2.2 surely?

Dont forget the vulgar spoiler :lol:

Like Chris the noise of it shocked me with OEM air filter, definately sounds like they have an aftermarket intake on.

Lol, still think that is vulgar, but that's half the point I guess. Any big spoiler is!

So my passenger recorded a video on my local runway.

[video=youtube;F7VvTAPNxpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7VvTAPNxpE[/video]

Purpose is to demonstrate the noise difference when it comes on cam. As you can hear, it sounds like the K20 does with an aftermarket intake. Mine is stock. I wonder what it'll sound like with a Typhoon. :twisted:

Watching this reminded me of a video I found on my YT the other day, again my passenger filmed :lol:

[video=youtube;bbw_RPp8L_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbw_RPp8L_w[/video]

Drilled discs give a weak spot, not heard any stories of grooves giving weak spots? As for pad deposit, never had an issue when I had grooved on my DC5. The set I am going for are cheaper than OEM, and are the disc of choice on the ATR forum, offering better performance and longer life than OEM too.
If you're using the AccordR. forum Chris speak to Irish Teacher and Vtec Direct (same person in truth). This guy had the fastest ATR in the UK, a real Scooby killer! He is an ATR expert. If you need anything ATR he is your man.

Have you put a Typhoon on it yet Chris? Try just adding a K&N Panel filter. Much better and cheaper. Also gives similar gains bhp/torque wise I believe.

I fitted a K&N panel filter to my ATR a few weeks ago. The induction roar is very loud. Love it !!

Just ordered a S2000 aerial which replaces the huge metal auto retracting thing that comes as standard. I'm on the hunt for a crank pully at the moment too.

Back