• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My car is poorly sick.....

Nat - A friend of mine has an Mk5 R32 & it uses more oil than any other car I've ever heard of & has been into VW countless times. Sounds similar to your story love tbh.

Is the car still under warranty?
I hope it's not a ball ache to get sorted mate ;)

I work on VW's and the newer engines all use a lot of oil.

I'm sure I read on the VW forums a while ago about common VAG coil problems. That sounds filthy however you phrase it. :eek: :lol:

The VW's are still having problems with the coils although its not as common now.

Oil on the coils should not cause problems especially as it had just been spilt on them.

Mate i think they just trying to get money out of you. It is pretty easy to tell if an engine is siezed or not. And flushing it and changing oil, plugs etc is not gona save it if it is siezed.

Well got car back yesterday morning
He said I was really lucky my piston rings were not knackered as that is what they thought at first

They replaced the coils, spark plugs, oil filter, etc etc and it solved the issue thank god

Still cost me £370 though :(

But better than the thousands it could have cost so got to see the positive out of it.

Back