• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Championship White EP3

Hi guys, usually only come on here when CTRO is down :p but thought I'd get a build thread here too now I've got my Civic.

So I had this last year after wanting and saving up yonks for an EP3.

photo1-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Had to get rid of it due to a ridiculous renewal quote. Was driving around for 6 months or so in a 1.6 astra until I felt the urge for round 2.

After lenghty discussions and talks with mates about service history etc, it was indeed Gamble-R's CW EP3 on this forum that I went to look at this afternoon. Hardly any service history, just a few receipts. All I had was the sellers word that it was immaculate. I made the 100 mile trip down to Leicester and was pleasantly surprised. The moment I got out the car looked mint, the respray job is excellent with all door shuts boot sills all done. Car drove mint aswell. I made an offer on which I thought would be reasonable for both parties and Luke accepted! The drive home was awful though, an accident on the M1, standstill traffic.. took me 3 hours to get home. Cant wait to start modding it and take it for a proper spin.

Using Luke's pics at the moment (might be using these for a while as I dont possess thee camera sk1llz)

P1000265.jpg

P1000242.jpg

5001505242_554e4731ab_o-1.jpg

P1000459-1.jpg

5001512246_d47439bb32_o-1.jpg

P1000458-1.jpg

mylilbrum.jpg

Mods:

Rear quarters tinted
D2 Racing coilovers
Buddyclub rear camber arms
Powerflow Exhaust system with unsilenced b-pipe
Tegiwa Red silicone Coolant Hoses
Brencivic custom championship white cam cover with gloss black plug cover
Unknown open cone induction kit with polished piping
joeR carbon wrapped centre console and door handle inserts
Smoothed number plate recess

Plans:

First things first, sticky plate!!! I hate having the number plate in the window, looks uber chavvy! Anyone know where I can get some jap style sticky plates? or some jap style plates with holders so I can offset to the right?
get the coilovers raised.. Round my area I've scraped it numerous times already.. It's low as fooook!!
Swap exhaust system to Spoon/DC Sports
Lose open cone induction kit (although the noise is addictive)

Any comments?

Small update already! :D

Got an OEM sticky plate made from a local graphics shop, think it looks mint for £10!! May upgrade to a jap style plate in the future but I think it looks rather good. Car is in need of an epic wash so no pics as of yet. My god I didnt think the white wheels would get this dirty!!!

photo-1.jpg

I'm also booked in at ABP next weekend to get the car raised and FRSU done, so that should hopefully sort the ride out. Also bought front and back wipers from eBay, sourced a standard airbox from a forum member, and bought a litre of Fuchs Titan Pro Race 5w40 oil from opieoils for topup! Waiting for everything to arrive.

Car looks awesome in this shot:
mylilbrum.jpg

I quite like the idea of the numberplate being there. Got any pics of the sticky plate? I dont think a square sticky would sit right though.

Do you reckon? I dont like it there, plus it's blocking the radiator.. I've got an OEM sized sticky plate in the OEM position, I think it looks much neater because of the number plate recess being smoothed.. I'll get pics up soon, needs a good wash!

I was gonna mention the number plate, think it looks crap there as well.

Cracking car though, they look so awesome in CW, strange what difference a colour has.

Tbh it would look good with no plate but because it's all smoothed out I think that's a half decent location. In some shots it does look weird, but it's different and that's what I like about it. If it was me, I would get a smaller than OEM sticky and offset it like they do with DC5s. Shame I couldn't pull this off with my SS CTR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few updates:

Took a couple of dirty pics to show off the sticky plate. Looks awesome at night too 'cos it's fully reflective :)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Plan is to get a smaller sticky plate in the future, like the DC5 lot have. This was just to keep the cops happy :lol:

I had really really bad creaking noises at slow speeds when setting off and turning, I initially thought it was my clutch but remembered the steering rack fix thread on ctro. I gave this a go now, made incisions into the rubber boots and stuck a straw through and sprayed the hell out of it with WD40. I made 3 incisions on the driver side, but could only make one on the passenger side due to the crappy air filter being in the way.

took the car for a spin and voila!!! noises have disappeared!! dont think I should have any problems with dirt getting into the rack as the incisions were only about 2mm long each. Not bad for 15 mins work.

Made the trip down to ABP this morning, receive a phonecall from them shortly after I've handed the car over. The coilovers had seen better days! basically the washers where you adjust them are close to splitting so the guys advised not to get any work done, so I left it at that. Only consolation is that I got them to change the damper settings to soft and the car ride quality feels much better already!
Getting the FRSU done was an option but the car is too low so I was reluctant to get any work done until I'd got some new coilovers and got the height raised. ABP are top lads though offered sound advice
thumbs-up.gif

On the lookout for some decent coilovers now before I rebook and get the FRSU done.

Plans:

Get some new coilovers and full FRSU from ABP Motorsport
Replace front anti-roll bar drop links
Replace FN2 decals with EP3 decals (on side skirts)
Replace Powerflow backbox/bpipe with DC Sports/Spoon.
Tegiwa M Airbox
maybe a Mugen (seibon) style rear wing/front splitter.
HID's and maybe de-tango

That'll keep me busy!

I have some BC Racing BR series coilovers coming off my DC5 in the next few days if you're interested??

I think you need 1mm trimming off the rear bush sleeves and dc5 track rod ends to fit them but really easy to do.

Back