• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my charged cosmic

Oooo special posh air..
not meaning to take the p1ss mate, but you ford lot are a different bread..
I went to ford fair a few years ago at silverstone and a bloke rocked up with his series one in an air bubble and wouldnt get it out till he was sure the weather was good enough! And then tucked it away again after the concours!! It still had original tyres!! only done the 4k or something ridiculous!!

I'm glad they're kept in air chambers so the rest of us don't have to look at them or breath their dirty ford fumes :p

I jest... I heart whale tails really

Show cars deserve to be pampered. Those with crazy low miles and are ONLY for show need more. Which is why I have never hankered over a pure show car no matter how great they look - they are meant to be driven. BUT, I still think some people DO need to preserve some models for all time, and that means no weather and no real driving. And, did you mean "different bread" or breed? I like different bread - may be a west country expression I have never heard before.

yep their all loafs of bread..

Yes i meant breed.. do apologise..

Some do need preserving yes, BUT these cars were made to be driven..

it just stops the dreaded rust which is the main problems with fords of this era as you all know,and yes they do work when i stripped the floor back to bare metal it was fine in the chamber took it out for a week to prep for painting and it was covered in rust.it works because there is a flow of air meaning moisture cannot settle.believe it or not there was a guy in the owners club that had a red rs1800 fiesta he used to trailer it to and from shows,mask up every joint on the car and the thing never even had any water in the tanks,at least i drove mine in the summer and to all the shows

It's your car, you drive it how you want. I think it's good there are people who are a bit anal when it comes to car care, it means there will still be actual working examples in years to come rather than just pictures in magazines.

it just stops the dreaded rust which is the main problems with fords of this era as you all know,and yes they do work when i stripped the floor back to bare metal it was fine in the chamber took it out for a week to prep for painting and it was covered in rust.it works because there is a flow of air meaning moisture cannot settle.believe it or not there was a guy in the owners club that had a red rs1800 fiesta he used to trailer it to and from shows,mask up every joint on the car and the thing never even had any water in the tanks,at least i drove mine in the summer and to all the shows

That RS1800 was or is bloody immaculate. As I have one I took peticular interest in it when I went to Ford Fair. If I can find any pics of it I will post it up. But that thing was clean on a crazy level. Used to prop mirrors up all around the car so you could see underneath the car etc etc.

I will say though, the following for Ford is something else, it is a really strong community. Nothing but good words for these people IMO....partly because I'm still a Ford man lol.

quick update fitted a defi cr advance boost guage to moniter the boost it is running spot on 8psi.i am still waiting on the oil pressure gauge to arrive, was a bit of a pain in the ass to fit but i think looks good,i didn't want them mounted on top of dash,was trying to go for more of a factory fit look.

08072011009.jpg

08072011002.jpg

08072011004.jpg

08072011011.jpg

also going to collecting this tomoz cant wait to get it fitted as i have been after one for ages

dsc0387x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic looking CTR mate, massive inspiration for what to do with mine once I get a few more pennies!

another quick update i picked up my Fujitsubo RM01A from paulctr (thanks paul) off of here yesterday and fitted it today.the condition of it was much better than i expected,just required a bit of autosol and it has come up like new. all i can say is wow.sounds completly standard up untill 5k and then all hell brakes loose.what a fantastic noise,just what i wanted.i also got while i was there a carbon plug cover.it was 344 miles round trip and managed to do it on one tank,with some spirited driving on the way up,i was well impressed
steve

10072011029.jpg

10072011032.jpg

10072011033.jpg

WOW! Now thats a car to be proud of.....
top job!
starting to dislike this forum as my wish list is getting WAY too big! lol

Looks sweet, brings back some memories of mine, quite similar with using the prefacelift bumper to get the old Mugen lip on.

Similar coloured wheels too, think mine were the Rota Torques (similar to the Mugen style)

Just never got to the point of the supercharger though, you any thoughts on selling it in the near future?

another mini update.postey delivered a little brown box.so spent today changing a few things round i moved the turbo gauge to the vent position and put oil pressure where turbo was in center console.its all connected up electrically,just need to fit sandwich plate,new hamp filter,sump washer and oil tomorrow.

19072011037.jpg

19072011043.jpg

19072011042.jpg

19072011040.jpg

19072011046.jpg

19072011038.jpg

Back