• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my crash damaged type r project

hey all. this is my facelift type r project. i bought it slightly damaged as there was very little wrong with it altho its taken a bit longer than i hoped as sourcing parts wasnt easy and iv had to buy most of them new from honda. anyway here is some pics

62369ccod..jpgtyper4..jpgtyper1..jpg104_0024..jpg
typer6..jpg

104_0169.jpg

104_0173.jpg

104_0176.jpg

104_0171.jpg

i had to buy a slam pannel part, the bit the bonnet clips into and a radiator etc. there is no chassis damage at all. or that i can see anyway but both airbags have blown and the seatbelts locked. its still good fun to work on

Mate, I will have NHB fenders/wings up for sale very soon. I can't give you a date though as I'm waiting on my J's arches from Japan ATM.

But you can have them for a price if needed. - great condition. No dents, dings, or scratches. No stone-chips either IIRC.

thanks for the comments and thanks for the wing offer. my new wing turned up today but i will be interested in your passanger side wing as the old bonnet put a dent in mine. not really noticable but i want it to be rite and not a half assed repair job. anyway here is a pic of the wing trial fitted, all lines up well. the drivers door needed moved forward a few mm but its looking well now

104_0179.jpg

haha thanks, the price of a new grill with badges makes me sad. its about £165 so thats next on the list. after that is airbags

Check CTRO, theforsale section is reasonably active - grilles often come up; I, myself, have sold 3 grilles.

I'll keep you posted re: The Wing; both are available and I am prepared to split. Great progress!

I needto remove and replace my wings (hence me selling my OEM ones) - would be very interested in a guide on how you did yours, though I haven't actually looked at mine and don't mind getting my hands dirty :) guess a pointer would make it quicker than farting around :)

Edit: Did you purchase the lower lip spoiler brand new? That's about £320. I bought my bumper from Honda for £260 also. I have, what is technically, a facelift car with a preface bumper set-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
its 6 bolts mate most can be seen with the bonnet and door open, when you get the front bumper of there is another 1 there and the last 1 is under the sideskirt. it will take under 5 mins to do

maybe not to everyones taste but these are the wheels i want. i think it will look nice with my 50mm springs

BvMrBCWkKGrHqJhQEv10BtpBMDkmZoi0g_35.jpg

ye i thought about replacing the stickers with something else rather than have no stickers at all. maybe some spoon copys lol

Back