• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR Dyno chart - Bit confused (Graphs and Video)

Bud

Had a power run a while back and just wanted to talk about it. i have a unmodified 55 plate prem and had it dynod at power engineering in uxbridge

Car made 183.8 BHP at fly and 152 BHP at the wheels.

Wasnt expecting it to be 13 BHP down but im still pretty happy with the result.

Peak torque was 125lbs which is pretty low?

The graph is a bit odd, it shows VTEC engaging at 6200 rpm and reving upto 8600 rpm
conf.gif
. Must of been something up with equipement maybe?? anyone shed some light?

They also done one run with the airbox inlet pipe removed to give a breif indication what figures i would achieve with a induction kit (Maybe talking crap) . That run made 190.1 bhp. (VTEC sounded insane!)

Graph 1

100_0735.jpg

Graph 2

100_0737.jpg

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSjTs7DdKQ

Thanks for looking
thumb.gif

Dyno was calibrated wrong or they done the run in the wrong gear.

Standard rev limiter kicks it at 8250rpm to the graph is wrong for a start. Dynos are no use for seeing how much power a car has lost over the years unless it was run on that one when it was new and then the same one years later. Most are terribly inaccurate.... :?

I had my standard 05 ctr done a week ago and that was about 185bhp and around 156 @ the wheels. I was a little concerned but don't feel so bad now after reading your post

okay, ill probs nip over to torque of the devil instead for another run instead

I think it would be OK for those 10 seconds or so, as long as it wasn't in the Sahara :lol:

One thing with DynoDynamic Dyno is that they have a "speed limit" of around 140mph.
So if you are in a gear that will go over 140mph, the dyno will apply brakes and will not let you rev any higher.

Not sure if the 4th gear of the EP3 go that fast, but that is one of the common reason people use 3rd gear.

Back