• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR stolen

My car has been found, the police have had it in a pound since the 5th of this month thats 20 days and never informed me :x and now the feckers want £12 storage per day and £105 handling charge.

Now my car is registered as stolen recovered has it dropped much in value? apparently there isn't no damage but is going to a garage for a check up before I get it back and to have the locks changed as there are no keys!

Thinking of selling it now though for a face lift model assuming I get teh right ammount for it :roll:

Jason said:
My car has been found, the police have had it in a pound since the 5th of this month thats 20 days and never informed me :x and now the feckers want £12 storage per day and £105 handling charge.

Now my car is registered as stolen recovered has it dropped much in value? apparently there isn't no damage but is going to a garage for a check up before I get it back and to have the locks changed as there are no keys!

Thinking of selling it now though for a face lift model assuming I get teh right ammount for it :roll:

Glad it has been found Jason - I hope you can get a good price if you choose to sell.

Any news on the thieves?

Scousefella said:
Jason said:

Glad it has been found Jason - I hope you can get a good price if you choose to sell.

Any news on the thieves?

They were caught. I did ask for their names and address's but the police didn't find it amusing :roll:

Glad you hear they have found it 8)

but as for asking money for storage and handling...... :evil:

i wouldnt pay as you only just been informed !

Good to know they found your car.

As for the storage charges, the Police can 'Foxtrot Oscar' on that front.

Sounds like they bump-keyed the door open. Does anyone know if keeping your key in the lock, on the other side and at an angle, stop the bump-key from working?

dragonflyjade said:
Good to know they found your car.

As for the storage charges, the Police can 'Foxtrot Oscar' on that front.

Sounds like they bump-keyed the door open. Does anyone know if keeping your key in the lock, on the other side and at an angle, stop the bump-key from working?

From what i read, I dont think so.

Apparently the more expensive the lock, the easier it is to bump key. Mainly due to better materials and tighter build tolerances mean the pins bounce easier

Back