• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

It'll be worth it when it's working and you listen to the V6. Any mods planned?

See - Dooks understands.

I've dne my homework on these. I'm not rushing in completely blind. Rear sub frame bushes, early (pre facelift) water pumps, sagging rear bumpers and another couple of things but basically they seem to be fairly good engines and reliable.

Mark - I thought your mates was a 3.0 V6 different model though? Not an ST220?

MPG wise from what I've read (which is a lot) average 25mpg around town and 35 on motorway. If driven normally. That's on a par what I was getting with the DC2 so no great surprise or worry. It's better than the ancient BMW I've been using too.

Servicing - Ford costs, so around £120 a pop. But I work at a garage so it'll be cheaper.

Mod wise - looking at a basic plug in unit called a Bluefin that gives you another 12bhp immediately and without mods. Then perhaps Focus ST brakes which are a straight swap and apparently transform the spongy brakes fitted as standard.

Apart from that, not really. I'm just looking forward to a daft engine. It won't handle like the Teg but I got past thrashing that around the corners when I realised that all roads in the UK are **** and that I require my spine in order to live a normal life.

I don't expect anyone to understand or approve. Cars are a very personal choice and I understand all the negative points that shall be raised. Since when has anything I've done made sense? I have a track record of poor decisions that I intend to continue into my late 30s.

Oh and LIETARD was a top chap btw. Selling to ze French FTW.

I look forward to you getting it and hearing your feedback.

It's not a bad car, it won't spontaneously combust and I highly doubt it'll ever let you down. There are lemons of all sorts of cars out there, Honda, Ford, Alfa, BMW and what not. But an ST220 is still a decent car, I feel that people lose sight of this and get into a war of stats and professional opinion. Are you really going to regularly drive the car up to its limits and really start to notice its inferiority in the corners compared to the DC2?

Or are you simply going to do what 90% of people do (but most wont ever care to admit) and park it on the drive and polish it, drive it it into town with the window down enjoying the sound of the V6, then take it onto the motorway and enjoy its acceleration in a straight line and occasionally chuck it around some decent A roads and enjoy its handling?

I forgot to mention, I think anyone who owns an ST220 instantly becomes viewed as a c*nt on general levels by members of the local public.

I'm not just trying to be funny or witty. My neighbour had one when I lived in Fife (the blue one I mentioned that I drove a bunch of times). He woke up one morning and some lovely chaps had poured paint stripper on to every single panel of the car...... It got fixed on insurance, entire car stripped back and re-painted. Then 2 weeks later, the special kid down the road put an almighty scrape along it with his bike handle.

He was a decent bloke as well. So if you get one, you're fucked. Like properly.

Mark - I thought your mates was a 3.0 V6 different model though? Not an ST220?.

Yeah the Titanium x, same engine, but with even worse handling.
On his car it was the engine, clutch x2 and gearbox that was the main problem then the electrics. Like I said earlier, it could just be his car. Although he did the A50 in it twice a day to work and back and only got 19mpg. That's the bit you got stuck on on the way back so it's not like town driving. He did like to drive it though, you'll probably get 25mpg if you drive it steady.

I'm sure it'll be fine though mate and if not I'm sure you'll have a queue to take the p*ss :lol:

Dooks - that is one of the most truthful and honest posts I've read on any forum ever. I hate to admit it, but I love you. Sexually.

Feel free to take mine out.

I can't live with it.

My next company car is either a 320d efficient dynamics or more likely a V50 1.6d.

Definitely edging towards the Volvo. Estate would be über practical for me at the moment.

Why those ? Company car tax. The Volvo's are brilliant on the tax level and the 1.6d is a great engine that is tuneable (think bluefin type mod)

Oh and the 2.0 litre for diesel only just manages 41mpg. Costs me over twice as much in tax than a 320d ED would do.

Plus the BM/Volvo are sub 120 kg carbons thus 100% tax write down year one!

Andy, what does your 2008 derv Mondeo have to do with an ST220? It's like comparing a Type R to a 1.8 petrol or CDTi or whatever they are called.

I wish you all the best in your purchase of a blue oval.

The ST220 V6 Mondeo is the only ford I'd ever own.

Andy, what does your 2008 derv Mondeo have to do with an ST220? It's like comparing a Type R to a 1.8 petrol or CDTi or whatever they are called.

No it's not. It still looks the same and has the same mingebag interior.

A standard civic to a type R is a humongous step up in terms of chassis suspension and handling.

Whereas a ctdi to a st220 is more of a meh it's a bit better sounds good but that's about it.

I just wrote a big long reply defending it and citing full leather Recaros and different switchgear.

Then I remembered that trying to persuade someone to like a car when they don't is real stupid.

So I deleted it.

It fits what I want ultimately - quick, fairly comfy, stupid engine, good equipment, I like the looks too.

But the most important factor of all, and the real reason I want it......

I always wanted to be a traffic cop.

With this and a fluro jacket on the back of the front seat, I'll own the motorway.

Audi's and BM's will just lol your blue oval out of the way. But the high vizzzzz will be handy for the motorway hard shoulder when it breaks down on you and what not.

Audis and BMWs can do that merrily - I'll just sport a wry grin at their dullness as they pass by all full of testosterone and spent coffee cups.

As for breaking down - 5 years I've had RAC cover and I have NEVER used it. It's about time I got my money's worth.

ST 220 will break, enjoy that "V6 Howl" while it lasts.

Howling like a Wolf with his leg caught in a Bear trap as he claws at the dirt unsuccessfully trying to escape, all the while sensing the unrelenting, unstoppable approach of a hungry Cougar.

Back