• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2 - Type R number 5

Sold.

Took a hefty deposit today, just got to fix the ABS light (speed sensor) and then he's picking it up.

I wouldn't consider an EP3 an upgrade, or downgrade. The EP3 and DC2 are completely different. I might even end up with an EK9, we will see.

I wouldn't consider an EP3 an upgrade, or downgrade. The EP3 and DC2 are completely different. I might even end up with an EK9, we will see.

I'd only go for an EK9 if it was a really good example otherwise it could be potentially expensive. Saying that, if you can find a pearler for that cash I'd say go for it.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2679651.htm

That's what I'm looking at, but the owner is being stubborn and won't move on price much at all. I've got him down to £4250 on the phone, but for that sort of money, I can get a decent EP3 with a few mods, so I'm in two minds. Buy the EK9 and keep it for a while, or get a modded EP3, strip mods and sell for a profit. If the EK9 had 20,000 less miles, I'd be on it like a rash but that 100,000 marker is looming.

I love EK9's. If you've had an ep3, you may aswell go for the full collection.

The yellow one is local to me too :D

I've had an EP3, years ago. Never had an EK9. Full lot will be complete when I have an EK9 and NSX R! :lol: Never going to happen though.

Moneypit!

Just doing some final prep on the car today as agreed with the buyer, rear caliper was sticking so Drew and I attempted to loosen it up, turns out it's seized good and proper, and the carrier is seized as well, so new caliper being fitted tomorrow fingers crossed. ABS light is on due to rear left sensor, took it out, cleaned it, put it back on and the ABS light went out. Result I thought, till I got 30 miles down the M4, when it came on again. :lol: Picking a new one up tomorrow morning. To be honest, I just want the car gone now.

Enjoyed reading your write up of the different Type R's you've had over the years... I think the ep3 is the most common because it ticks the most boxes for your 'average driver'! It's by no means the best, but it's one of!

When you picking up the next motor?

Back