• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2

Daz

thought i'd stick a few pics of my car up, opinions welcome

It's got DC5 Wheels, DC5 recaros, Injen Induction Kit, S2000 clear indicators. and i think that's it, i haven't done anything to it myself as it already had those mods when i got it

I'm going to be putting the standard wheels back on it soon as i hope to be taking it on track in a couple of months :) (plus the dc5 wheels have been curbed to buggery :roll: )

P6170016-vi.jpg

P6170014-vi.jpg

also does anyone know the best way to remove those stickers on the door without ruining the paint?

Nice! 8)

Daz said:
also does anyone know the best way to remove those stickers on the door without ruining the paint?

Just warm them up with a hair dryer and peel 'em off. If there's any glue left behind then clean it off with white spirits or tar remover (they're the same thing). :wink: 8)

Neily03 said:
Nice! 8)

Daz said:

Just warm them up with a hair dryer and peel 'em off. If there's any glue left behind then clean it off with white spirits or tar remover (they're the same thing). :wink: 8)

it won't make the paint bubble or anything doing that would it?

Daz said:
Neily03 said:
Nice! 8)

Daz said:

The hair dryer? You only need to warm them up, not make 'em red hot. I doubt a hair dryer would produce enough heat to damage the paint . :wink:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Daz said:

The hair dryer? You only need to warm them up, not make 'em red hot. I doubt a hair dryer would produce enough heat to damage the paint . :wink:
You only need to have the hairdryer over the sticker for a really short amount of time. Just warm it up a bit and then try peeling an edge. Don't expect to be able to use the stickers again though - mine ended up about 3 feet long by the time I'd peeled them off. :lol:

thats not a problem, they'll be going in the bin once they're off anyway

N8 ORTS said:
Think the DC5 wheels suit it better. 8)

I agree with that, saw a chap that had them on a while back and I thought they really suite the car, expecially when they are in white.

Very nice, seem to be seeing more around lately for some reason too :?

Carl

N77 said:
N8 ORTS said:
Think the DC5 wheels suit it better. 8)

I agree with that, saw a chap that had them on a while back and I thought they really suite the car, expecially when they are in white.

Very nice, seem to be seeing more around lately for some reason too :?

Carl

doh! wish you 2 hadn't said that, it's taken me ages to decide what to do (the style whore in me wants to keep the dc5 wheels but the performance whore wants the standard wheels back on :roll: )

I have to agree, the DC5 wheels look better, maybe just get 'em refurb'd :wink: ?

SpaceMonkey said:
Love these, but get it back on DC2 OEM wheels sharpish imo :wink:

Yeah we agree, they may look good with DC5 wheels on, but they fook up the handling as they are designed to run on 15's. :)

Livvy + Paul said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Love these, but get it back on DC2 OEM wheels sharpish imo :wink:

Yeah we agree, they may look good with DC5 wheels on, but they fook up the handling as they are designed to run on 15's. :)

16" are also fine, 98 JDM cars came with 16" wheels as standard in the same style as the 15" UK wheels, but tbh you probably already new that lol

Back