• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC5

Transformers has been done to death, I'd say no to that personally. Have you got or are you planning any other colours on the outside of the car you could code it with?

Mark, why don't you mount the amp onto the back of the rear seat? The back is metal but IIRC, I just screwed through it with a screw driver or a very small drill bit at most. You can then run the wires neatly behind the back of the Sub.

Not planning anything mate.

The only colours on the outside now are the Red calipers and pink front ones. Sam likes the R ones you can get but im unsure.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Type-R-Centre-Cap-Stickers-Decals-OEM-Replacement-x4-/180866363482?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1c79b05a#ht_500wt_1054

I wanted to do something different, maybe a white or blue H (List of colours are in the description in the link). The car is very dark on the outside now and the centre caps are darker than the wheels as they could only wet spray the caps which is hard to colour match. Im not sure whether to go normal red, dark with the car or bright to stand out? They do a reflect-ant red H, maybe no one will hit my car if it lights up in the dark :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Cen...CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1c79b04b#ht_500wt_1054

Mark, why don't you mount the amp onto the back of the rear seat? The back is metal but IIRC, I just screwed through it with a screw driver or a very small drill bit at most. You can then run the wires neatly behind the back of the Sub.

I didn't think it was possible to mount it to the metal?
I am useless at DIY stuff mate, i went for the easiest option as i wasn't paying some guy £120 to do it for me. I'd also need a longer earth lead now :lol:

You can screw it straight into the seat. Looks much neater and it's not in the way then. If the screws you have are no good, get some self drilling ones. They're designed to go through metal. The tips look like this:

55d376ba-4f95-4c6b.jpg

I've always been ok with the ones supplied with the amp though. Just press hard at first.

Is there no other earth point you could use?

And those red R's look a bit suspect to me. I know Karl said Mook did the green H's he had, I'm sure he can help you if you want a different coloured H or could do a better looking R for you.

Cheers Jack
Are those Tech screws? We use them at work, might borrow 4. I couldn't see anywhere really or should I say I didn't have the right screw. So I used the rear harness hole.

Ali - That looks erm messy. :lol:

I didn't think it was possible to mount it to the metal?
I am useless at DIY stuff mate, i went for the easiest option as i wasn't paying some guy £120 to do it for me. I'd also need a longer earth lead now :lol:

Yeah it's easy to go straight into the seat. Think back, I'm pretty sure I made some small pilot holes and then just screwed the amp on. Nice and neat and it also means the amp is rarely covered by stuff on the floor keeping it cool.

Ask sonny p for a pic.

Yeah it's easy to go straight into the seat. Think back, I'm pretty sure I made some small pilot holes and then just screwed the amp on. Nice and neat and it also means the amp is rarely covered by stuff on the floor keeping it cool.

Ask sonny p for a pic.

I thought i would be damaging something if i drilled the seat or end up coming through to the front :lol:
I'll get some screws from work, i know people :smt047

im going to grab the Teg in a bit, ill get a pic for you :)

Ok cheers Sonny

Where is the earth secured to? Can you get a picture of that as well please.

Frank and beans

How about going slightly darker or slightly lighter than the Powdercoat Mark, so the "H's" are almost Ghosted on the wheels, a bit like some of the Hot Rod guys do with their flames etc.

Not the best pic, but just to give you an idea.

DSC01295.jpg

Yeah ive thought about this, get a dark grey or black to make the car dark throughout.
Im in 3 minds though

OEM Red H
Light H
Dark H

Red ones ordered, i couldn't decide so went original.

On another note, i sealed my wheels today with Poorboys. They look amazing.

edc9182f.jpg

21dc773c.jpg

234017a2.jpg

f0e49aaf.jpg

0b74084a.jpg

Ive moved my amp, it was a b'stard!

I got hold of some large and small tec screws. They didn't fit, the large had a flange that didn't fit through the amp, the small were not long enough. So i used a Dremel and ground the flange off till they fit. Brilliant until i realised that i needed to get a larger socket in the hole to screw them in. Nothing fit!

So i lost my rag and screwed the f**ker to the sub box where it wouldn't affect the cavity.
Its the most stupid amp in the world! Its on now and its not coming off, looks ok though as there are no visible wires really.

Finally got around to fitting my H stickers.

It was a ball ache, the H go on fine but the ring around the outside doesn't so i ended up knackering two of them. I decided to rip the outer rings off until i can buy some new ones. This is how it looks

85a3e67f.jpg

202d4b4c.jpg

b1089050.jpg

Back