• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP 3 Type R and Rust

Hello this is my Ep3 Type R, it was my first car which i bought and also my first type R. Bought it from the first owner and i think it is in pretty good condition. When i first bought the car i didn‘t even know these had rust problems. So now im Tackling the Problem can Someone help me with the products which i need? And what i have to do so it looks again realy good. Sorry for the bad english its not my first language but in my country there realy isn‘t a Community for these cars.73ea6312-0c40-4635-a9b0-3b93b00ff8bc.jpegIMG_4371.pngIMG_4370.pngIMG_4369.pngIMG_4368.png

Give it a good going over with a wire brush to get as much loose off as possible, then try and clean underneath. Get the arch linings off and bumpers if you can to get at it properly.

There are products like Dinitrol, Lanoguard which stops the rust getting worse and protects from further rust. You can buy them in kit form too so you know you will have enough for your car including injectors for sills, etc.

You can use Waxoyl and Kurust as a cheaper alternative these are ok but the above will give better results.

Back