• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

It is epic. Finally seeing it running, and seeing what it can do was well worth the wait. It sounds amazing, the video just doesnt do it any justice what so ever.

looks awesome mate.

So once the valve springs & drive shafts are in what are you expecting?

Barring the intercooler being seen will it be looking like a sleeper or are you keeping it stripped?

Its 800bhp capable with the forged motor.
Realistically we could fit the springs and wind the boost up with the stock motor but thats not the limiting factor now. The fact we have hit 300ftlb at only 12PSI means we are stressing the engine more than increasing the boost which requires valvesprings already!
Really depends whether Toms willing to seriosly risk damaging the motor just to make big numbers when a forged motors pretty close, when in reality this already on the road is going to be pretty insane.

Wow, great figures, it looks to be a monster already. Once the forged engine is in place, this thing will be mental. :smt096

Jealous is not the word. I would love something like this. 420bhp and 300ft lb is crazy! It must absolutely fly.

play it safe, good things come to those who wait! Absolutely awesome car, money well spent and the work at TDI looks immense. Cant wait to see some vids of the car!

What a build this is, had a good look around it today, pure quality workmanship gone into it. The piping for the inter cooler is spot on and the turbo it's self is huge!

Just looks like a bog standard CTR from the back with a magnex exhaust.

Good work TDI, well done Tom. :)

Just speechless Tom what a project and second to non workmanship from TDI as always.

When I was up there was a massive gap waiting for the intercooler to be installed now look at it haha...

It's actually a Porsche backbox with a custom 3" exhaust.
Bumpers on and looking pretty good. Took it out today and need to finish the map off but did manage to scare the crap out of me! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I still ok picking it up on Monday Paul?

Ive had a busy day today, so although I have been online, I havent had chance to post a reply to people.

Its awesome, full stop. I cant wait to give it a blast, yesterday was a bit of an odd day, not at TDi, just generally, I had very little sleep, wasn't feeling too brilliant and she wasn't happy that I had been at Tdi all day. 9:30 - 18:30. Anyhoo, I am over the moon with yesterday, it actually made better figures than I expected. Without the Valve springs I expected Paul to tune it to a similar bhp as the Supercharger, around 367bhp, but it did that on the 3rd run at 8Psi. So the tuning went on..... and on.... and on, until we reached 300ftlb, Paul had already told me that this was pretty much as far as we could go before we start putting too much stress on the Motor in its current (Standard) state.

The Turbo is good for 50Psi, so at this moment we are only tickling it really at 12Psi, less than a quarter of its capacity. If you look at the board I posted yesterday, as the Psi increases there is a bigger jump in the Bhp and torque levels, so we haven't really got the turbo at its most efficient yet.

The car will be staying as it is, it still looks standard from the rear and sides, I havent seen the front yet with the bumper on, but I will still be attempting the stealthy look. Gauges are still mounted low on the dashboard, the rear windows are tinted in the darkest film, so you can't tell the back has been stripped out. Plus the Turbo has made the exhaust quieter, it also sounds a bit like a Scooby now too.

Overall Im delighted with everything Tdi have done, and I cannot wait to see what it does with a built motor. Will be a few months yet though.

I will have the Motor, I doubt it will be finished though by JAE. Im hoping to have have the new Motor in the car within 12 Months, hopefully in March. Birthday present to me, from me.

Once the Valve Springs are in, and the Drive Shafts, possibly new Cams, this motor wont be touched. A second Block will be used for the final build, so I can keep the car on the road.

Not like there's any rush, I'm sure the power you've got now will keep you entertained until then.

This is it. The big thing was getting everything in, which Lou has done brilliantly. We can now work around the turbo.

The front is all inter cooler, I lol'd when it flew past me on the drive in yesterday. I'm sure something can be done to make it look a little less in your face though. Utterly awesome car though Tom.

I didn't want to mate, just in case you didn't want any up here. I had my phone out, then put it away. Sorry dude.

images

It looked like this mate, obviously yours is alloy coloured.

Just driven it home....... ****ing ridiculous how fast it is. Its unbelievable in 3rd.

To give some insight into how fast it is, I was cruising down the motorway in 6th, and put my foot down and had to double check what gear I was in because it pulled like it was in 4th.

The Turbo sounds epic too.

Back