• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my ep3 type r

no my bumper is face down on the concrete with a protective mat inbetween to stop it getting scratched even though you cannot see it, it is under there lol

haha well i did see a mat in the other pics, i was going to say you're brave doing that :lol:

Do the pads screech when coming to a halt? I need new pads soon, and the last set of DS2500s screeched when stopping.

You will probably find that some breakpads do make a sound no matter what make they are, what will more than likely stop this is to add some copper grease to the back of the pad when putting them in.

update! rear jdm roll bar fitted! hamp oil filter and clean race oil plus new spark plugs fitted, and a toda 70mm tapered throttle body!
31012010059.jpg

31012010052.jpg

31012010055.jpg

24012010044.jpg

31012010058.jpg

next i just need some brake fluid and to get my HEL brake lines on. a front jdm roll bar, new rear discs, perhaps an aem fuel rail as i like the look of my friends, repaint rocker cover, race header, cat back and kpro. i will have to see how it goes obviously but that is my plan as well as suspension upgrades too.

Bay needs some scrubbage :lol:

Good work though :cool:

Liking the Mugen Grille set-up on the 55-Plate EP too... although I'm Red Badge inclined :cool:

yeah the engine bay needs a good bit of tlc, my tires at the front are getting a little worn! still legal and have tread on them all over, the picture is not great quality due to being takne on my phone, the back ones are still all good! will definately get some more paradas when the fronts loose their grip, the toda throttle body so im told will give me better throttle response, and minimal gains but to get the best from this setup i will need kpro! on the previous owners car it required 6% more fuel when mapped.

Haha that pic looks like a mini Honda workshop! Nice car, looks clean..

its filthy! lol my mate steve is a talented mechanic and is very enthusiastic when it comes to hondas, he was doing the work on mine and fitting a aem fuel rail on my friends ep3.

alright guys i have been very busy with my little one recently and havent been able to get on, my car has changed alot since my last update too, its still not complete (far from it actually) i now have a front jdm anti roll bar, Toda header which is heat wrapped and a spoon b pipe, and 2 new paradas up front.
11052010140.jpg

11052010139.jpg

i have kept the standard back box as it retains the standard look which is what i am aiming for standard to the eye but far from it! next up i have rear discs waiting to go on, hel brake lines, i do need to replace all 4 of my drop links from the new jdm anti roll bars as they are not 100%, i do have the spc/eibach camber adjustment kit too, i am leaving the standard springs and shocks because of clearance issues on my driveway, and plan on getting a frsu and more importantly kpro to finish the engine off. once all that is done lol i plan to start giving the car some tlc, like refurb the alloys, maybe get the front resprayed because of the masses of stonechips which annoy me, but this final stage will be more of a winter thing when its all covered up and in hibernation.

a few pictures from the local dick turpin meet!
pic8.jpg

chrisfrost.jpg

Pic6.jpg

pic2.jpg

little update too! i had my rear discs fitted, my rear spc camber adjusters, HEL braided brake lines, i had a little trouble with my front spc camber bolts i wasnt sure how to fit them if anyone help id much appreciate it :) pics would be great!

my friend has only bought this particular evo a few months ago so it may be the previous owner which you dealt with dotty! i forgot to mention i did finally get round to puttint my spoon magnetic gearbox sump bolt in as well as some fresh gearbox oil too.

cheers mate kpro is a must now, i had a problem fitting the spc camber bolts on the front, was not sure how they went, so i am wanting a fast road setup and kpro at the same time :) also need to get my hose from the engine to the rad sorted too as it is stretched round my aem cai.

Back