• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My facelift Ep3 (Work in progress)

Hi guys been a member on here for quite a while but have never got around to actually putting a build thread up so I'm going to attempt to start one.
Here's my 2004 Cosmic Grey Ep3 that I'm slowly getting the way I want it. When I bought the car just under a year ago it already had the Eurospec stage 5 package fitted which was nice as it saved me a lot of money trying to get it up to that spec and was a good base to start on.
The package includes Dc sports decat exhaust manifold, Dc sports cat back exhaust, RBC inlet manifold, Injen Cai induction kit, K100 mapped for all the above and vtec point lowered, stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel. I've since replaced the Injen with a K&N typhoon instead as I didn't like the filter so low down behind the bumper.
I used to have a facelift Milano red Ep3 a couple of years ago and the difference between the two performance wise is quite surprising and it's nice to have something to compare it to.
Since owning the car I've been trying to sort all the things I'm not happy with so I've fitted brand new HSD coilovers which I think are very good quality for the money as I used to have a set of them on My Toyota Altezza and they were very good on that so went for a set on the civic. I've also changed track rod ends, bottom ball joints, drop links all round and fully polybushed the car and fitted D2 adjustable rear camber arms. I've got a horrible knocking sound on rough roads that I can't get rid of and have been replacing everything I can to try and sort it and now think it might be my steering rack. I've also fitted drilled and grooved discs and Ebc yellow stuff pads all round, beaks lower rear brace and a Benen tow hook, Rota boost alloys that I've resprayed gloss black and fitted a purple pinstripe around the lip, neo chrome wheel nuts and a replica mugen grill and wrapped the bonnet in carbon vinyl. I'd like a real carbon bonnet but can't quite stretch to one yet. Future plans are to supercharge or maybe get Itb's or cams and bigger throttle body etc aswell as a mugen spoiler, skunk2 lower rear arms and carbon bonnet. I'm also looking into getting better calipers like brembo or wildwood 4 pots.
Ill try and load a few pics up so feel free to have a look
Cheers Kirby

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
imagejpg4.jpg
[/FONT]
imagejpg5.jpg

Cheers. Was going for the purple and black theme. Was going to paint the wheels purple instead of black but went for the black and purple stripe instead. I'm still thinking I might respray one of them to see how they look completely purple then if I like it I'll do the rest of them. I've got a few things I need to try and sort out on the car first though that are really bugging me.

Thanks mate. As much as I like the mugen grill in thinking of going back to a standard grill as I still love the look of the standard type r grill.

Yeah I'm thinking of selling it or seeing if someone wants to swap it for a standard facelift grill. It's got a brand new red honda badge which was about £27 on its own. Can't believe how expensive the badges are.

nice to have most of it done already, saved a fair chunk in the wallet :) looks great buddy, i think the bonnet lets it don if anything

I know what you mean. I'd rather have a real carbon bonnet but that will have to wait a while and I wrapped my one because the paint underneath is really bad. Ideally I want a full respray if I can save enough cash up. There's so many things I want to do to it but I've got to pace myself as its my 14th car so have to try and keep hold of this one for a while Instead of keep changing them.

Cheers mate. There not bad wheels to be honest. Had a set of Grids on my last Ep3 and would prefer a set of Grid drifts or Gtr's but I got a deal on the boosts so went for them. I did have a set of 3 piece Work split rims fitted to the car for quite a whole but got rid of them for these wheels as the Works were to rare to get hold of replacements if I damaged one.

Grids suit the EP very well. I feel the same about super expensive JDM wheels, I could never justify them. If you ever want to replace the boosts, let me know!

Yeah I know what you mean. As much as I loved the Works I always worried about denying one or curbing it as when I bought them I stripped them down, had the lips blasted and powder coated gloss black and the center spoke section done in glitter red and then polishe all the 36 bolts per wheel. Way to much time and effort went into them. With the boosts of I ever damaged one I can just order another one straight away with no hassle. If I had the cash Id try and get my self a set of Rota Gtr's but money's tight at the moment unfortunately.

I know what you mean. I'd rather have a real carbon bonnet but that will have to wait a while and I wrapped my one because the paint underneath is really bad. Ideally I want a full respray if I can save enough cash up. There's so many things I want to do to it but I've got to pace myself as its my 14th car so have to try and keep hold of this one for a while Instead of keep changing them.

im on 20 something and tbh i cant find anything to change it for that dont cost an arm and a leg. had mine nearly two years which is longest car ive owned

I've always loved Hondas and had an ep3 a couple of years ago and kinda missed it when I sold it so ended up getting this one and I'm keeping it now and gradually changing everything to the way I want it.

r
llttle update now I've got rid of the k&n and fitted a mugen airbox instead and a high flow fuel rail. I've also got a 70mm rheottle body to go on aswell but haven't got around to fitting it yet as I want to take the rbc manifold off and paint it black and refit it with the throttle body.

just fitted my asr rear brace and skunk 2 lower control arms. I've now removed the purple beaks lower bar as I didnt see the point in having that and the asr brace both fitted.

Back