• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

I have the do-luck lines as well. Pretty standard really. Glad it's settled in now. It will be a beast once geo is done!

Keep an eye on them, not sure how long mine have been fitted but I was still surprised/ annoyed to find splits in them.

My ones have been on less than 12 months. I need to do something about my squeaky pads so Ill take a look then :)

New braided micromesh brake lines fresh in from Japan

20130307_171040_zps2ecbd5a6.jpg

20130307_171052_zps7d9b5629.jpg

Being fitted at TGM in April with RBF600 fluid :)

Brill thread and stunning car!

Would loved to have had one of these but new house dictates cheap cars for now!

Great colour too ;)

Koni yellow shocks delivered and fitted today. I was impressed with the improvement in ride and handling going from the AST coilovers to Mugen shocks and Spoon springs. However, the better half found it uncomfortable on the motorway at cruising speed, certain parts of the M20 are an absolute joke as some will know. These were ordered based on the recommendation of other FD2 owners.

20130402_133158_zps38fdce40.jpg

Easy enough to fit, it would be better if they came with everything included IMO rather than removing parts from the original rear shock.

Set to one turn towards firm from full soft based on another owners recommendation.

I went for a short drive, did the first half of normal daily commute and a stretch of road I sometimes use on the way home, both littered with dips and ruts and poor repairs. Did this little circuit twice to get a good feel for how the car was behaving.

All I can say is.... WOW. What a difference. If anything the softer damping has made everything better. It's more comfortable by a long way on the bumpy stuff, holds the line better in the bends, turn in feels better, perhaps the springs are being allowed to work better causing these changes? Can't wait for some warmer weather to be able to enjoy driving it even more.

Nice one. Glad they are better, removing ten to find out they are worse would have been a ball ache!

Wow really cool thread, everytime I look at this thread it gets better, really love fd2's love your car mate :D.

Nice one. Glad they are better, removing ten to find out they are worse would have been a ball ache!

I'd have had a rage storm if that was the case :lol: Had a decent length drive yesterday and today and I really am impressed with the change. Might fiddle with the setting when I can be bothered so I know how it feels with each adjustment.

Nice work mate.
People sometimes think stiffer is better for suspension, it's not the case.

Cheers :) The Spoon springs have quite a high rating but are progressive obviously, certainly feels like they're being allowed to work fully on the rear now. I don't think anyone has said spring rates are an issue just the rear damping is all wrong which the Koni's have fixed.

Sounds a good result bud ;)

It is, the more I drive this car the more I love it.

Wow really cool thread, everytime I look at this thread it gets better, really love fd2's love your car mate :D.

Cheers :)

This is looking great!

Give it a few weeks and it'll look even better ;) (IMO of course)

Back