• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

I await updates. :D

That makes two of us, the annoying thing with buying made to order parts from Japan is they never want to commit to a timeframe of when you'll receive them. 6 weeks is about the norm although i've asked for one part to be pre-painted so I can fit it straight away so who knows.

Took a trip to TGM today for a few bits.

Picked up a new set of reg plates, the front was peeling and the rear had the dealer web address along the bottom where the previous owner purchased it from. Took the opportunity to swith to a JDM square rear plate which even Tom agreed looked far better.

Replaced the cracked Do-Luck lines with the APP ones. The Do-Luck kit I can only assume is for the FN2 and not the FD2, the metal pipes had been bent to make them fit and it generally wasn't a very tidy job at all. They'd also been fitted for some time and were a PITA to remove. All sorted now with some RBF600 fluid. Pedal feel and braking performance feels improved.

Apologies for the poor quality pics, was trying to stay out of the way and they were rushed.

20130405_103341_zpse5014026.jpg

And finally, i'd read on the Max Racing website that the DC5 front engine mount was the same. Turns out it wasn't but a DC5 front engine mount does fit perfectly which allowed us to fit it with the energy suspension mount insert.

20130405_094848_zpsdb56e267.jpg

This has stiffened things up nicely, gear changes are vastly improved as is the response when you accelerate, it feels quite savage actually. It will settle in a bit, there are some vibes through the steering wheel at idle but not noticeable elsewhere in the rev range.

Beats paying £1000 for some FEEL'S engine mounts too :lol:

Nice one! The do-luck lines I have did not fit either and they was the right ones. I would not recommend them TBH

AFAIK they're Hel lines rebranded, I have seen on other forums that Hel lines haven't fitted. Can't see why it's so hard tbh.

Yeah I had both on my EP3, didn't notice them after a week. It's just nice to experiment with different options, although the engine mounts in the FN/FD2 are an improvement, they're not perfect. This has provided us FD2 owners with a relatively inexpensive solution as we normally get left out due to the rarity of the car.

I have a bit more experimenting for the guys at TGM to do now ;)

Got a few bits done yesterday.

First job was fitting my Flashpro which came Thursday.

Didn't go well to start with.... Wouldn't rev freely past 3000 rpm and the CEL was on despite me disabling the secondary o2 sensor. Did a datalog and the code was something to do with a starter relay. Found an option under Misc that had something about enabling a starter relay or similar, disabled that and the CEL went away. Still had the problem with the car having no power.

Found a post on the Hondata forum about the FD2R suffering from heavily retarded ignition after using the latest Flashpro Manager which annoyingly i'd updated to before uploading the map. Fortunately one of the guys on our sister forum in Malaysia had a copy of the previous software. Map uploaded and problem solved :) phew.

I've also had a strange pulsating noise coming from the aux belt area for a couple of weeks. Put it down to being the idler pulley so ordered a new one and new aux belt. They arrived this morning so that was second job of the day.

20130413_175834_zpsec895ed4.jpg

Seems to have cured it. Absolute pig of a job to do due to limited space but glad it's done now.

Picking up a significant upgrade on Monday night too :)

Gave it a quick bath this morning, nothing fancy. Admittedly these pics look better on my phone than pc but nevermind. Front end has had an absolute hammering over winter :( will be having it resprayed by TGM when I have all my front exterior bits ready to go on.

20130414_114404_zps9473e055.jpg

20130414_114345_zps082feb38.jpg

20130414_114258_zpsfdb24063.jpg

20130414_114232_zps98a21de9.jpg

20130414_114144_zps520b06ec.jpg

Back