• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

I just picked my very first pride and joy up last Sunday. Been driving 2yrs this month and this is my first proper car that I've brought myself! (Been driving my partners Toyota Aygo '08 all this time.)

I gave him a wash tonight because since Sunday all the driving I've done it's been raining! 88K on the clock. 2 previous owners. Been told they were not boy racers as the cars been looked after. Full service history. Recently serviced a week before I picked him up.

I've always had my heart set on little mods to a car and I've already got my eye on a few things so little things I wish to do are..

Wind deflectors
Purple mugen oil cap
Skunk2 silver gearknob
Double din radio
And few other bits I can't think of right now but I'm getting ideas looking at other members cars.

Few photos snapped on my phone these evening..

1_1.jpg

20150402_175949.jpg

20150402_180216.jpg

20150402_181826.jpg

My first little thing I put on my car this evening because I'm a massive Fast and Furious fan and obviously a huge fan of Paul Walker so this is my tribute I've been wanting to put on my own car since that tragic accident. (Yes I screwed the 'E' up!!!)

20150402_181611.jpg

I need to find some good products now for polishing and washing my car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations with your new car Chick and welcome to TRO ! Love the rare leather seats. Have a very happy Easter!

Love the seats! :D

Short shifter was defo the best money I have spent on my car.
let's you really keep the power on!

That's an absolutely lovely car. The seats are the business are they a factory option or a capital special?

Thanks so much for the kind comments. I'm a very proud owner right now.
pbryant_knight I am very envious of those cars. Just bloody awesome! Far outshined me lol

Very jealous of your seats they look amazing, love the car. I have a NHB as well and think they look amazing.

McSherryMan

Nice NHB OP, well done for getting one with the leathers too!

pbryant_knight i'm stunned at your supra and eclipse! Assuming they're the real deal, i would shake your hand if i could! So cool

Sorry for jacking the thread a bit, just thought if you're a fan you'd like to see them.

love your seats in leather. Is that a factory option or were they recovered at some point?

Peter

Cheers guys. I've ordered wind deflectors (Heko because of money!!). Should have some carbon like Type R door sills being made at some point (The chap making them is waiting for 5 interested people before he gets materials.) I'm still trying to get my boot lock fixed because the damn thing is sealed shut and I've had mechanics look at it and it definitely needs a new lock. It's seized right up! Trying to get hold of a Honda garage who are a pain in the bum..Already called 4 times already and I've still not got a price nor it booked in. Fecking useless.
He needs a good wash and polish so hopefully I get some time on Sunday or it'll be another weeks time before he sees some TLC. I've got plans to paint the calipers - Again when I find time and paint.

Wind deflectors fitted today! A friend actually done it in the end so hopefully they're on right :p

20150419_155346.jpg

20150419_155355.jpg

Gave him a good scrub down and little bit of a polish last week and found that this nasty mark wont polish out so looks like I'll be respraying the bonnet soon as I get my boot lock fixed in the meantime. There's tons of nasty scratches on it like someone has used a brilo pad on it.

20150412_144427.jpg

Looking good!

I've had Hekos on my car for two and a half years. The tape that was supplied with them was rubbish so I got rid of the clips and bought some better tape, they haven't moved a millimetre in years now.

The paint on these cars is notoriously soft. It will have swirls and marks by now no matter how well it's been looked after. Have a search for car detailers near you, a really good clean and machine polish will make a huge difference.

deflectors look good , also properly cheaper to buy a good condition bonnet from a breaker or eBay and saves having to blend new and old paint

Back