• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My GE6 Jazz- Mugen'd/ J's Racing'd

So, I purchased a GE6 Jazz 1.4ES in Cerulean Blue with OEM rear roof spolier in March 2009.

I thought the ride height was too high so decided to lower it with some Eibach springs. I had some Eibach on my EP3 Civic Type R and they were really good for my needs so that was my reason to stick with Eibach.

Lowered on Eibach
SN200107.jpg

I was looking around the internet and found J's Racing had a really nice front lip spolier for their Jazz and looked into getting one. However, my research found that their lip spoiler were only for the GE8, and that it would not fit our GE6. I was able to find a supplier in Singapore who did replica ones so went ahead and ordered it. I reckon its the only one in the UK Replica J's Racing front lip spoiler

SN200001-1.jpg

I have some recaro's from a Evo8 MR320 sitting in the garage since summer but been waiting for the Yen to get better before ordering some Bride RO seat rails to get these installed.

Been waiting and waiting and in the end, decided to just bite the bullet and buy them and got them from Touge Distributions : http://www.tougedistribution.com/

They are currently coming over via container so wont arrive into the country til end of May. Was also looking at the J's Racing front strut bar and should have ordered that at the same time but didnt- but a few weeks later, i remembered one of my 2 year fixed rate bonds were maturing so thought s0d it and ordered the strut bar as well- but this wont arrive in the country til June.

Anyways, as I was on a spending spree, I thought I may as well carry on :D
Changed the gear knob Before

DSC00118.jpg

After
DSC00120.jpg
DSC00121.jpg
DSC00122.jpg

Its the titanium gear knob from a DC2 Integra Type R which the previous owner (HASNIC) had polished to give it the Spoon Titanium blue finish. Its quite a heavy knob but its really transformed the gear change and theres a nice feel to it now- totally love it!

J's Racing Oil cap in blue
DSC00125.jpg
DSC00126.jpg

J's Racing rad cap
DSC00123.jpg
DSC00124.jpg

05/05/10 Mugen pedals
DSC00127.jpg

Clutch pedal seems slightly off so will see how I get on but most likely redo them when I get a chance. Heel and toe is pretty good fun now :p

24/7/10 J's Racing front strut bar
DSC00227.jpg
DSC00232.jpg

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the strut bar but got there in the end (1.5hrs!!!).

Cornering is definitely more "planted" now so all good. However, my best mate (mechanic) who helped me fit this wasnt that impressed with it and tbh, its not really a point to point strut bar so will see how I get on with this as to whether to keep it or not.

Also tried to fit the recaros but encountered major problems taking the seat off the original (Evo) subframe so will have to wait a couple more weeks til we both have time off work to tackle it again.

6/10/10 Recaro finally in (on Bride rails) 8)

DSC00272.jpg
DSC00276.jpg
DSC00274.jpg
DSC00283.jpg
DSC00285.jpg
DSC00271.jpg

Just took a few pics on my phone so will get better ones when i get a chance but i LOVE them!!

11/10/10 K&N panel filter
DSC00280.jpg
DSC00282.jpg

I bought the K&N after reading about it from another member on the forum and thought I'd give it a try and managed to get it for £30-£35 after some forum discount on another forum that I'm on.

Slightly more induction noise as expected but not too loud, but have noticed slight more torque.

24/03/11 Purchased some lovely 15" Enkei NT03 from a really nice and knowledgable guy on Civiclife 15x6.5 (i think) ET35 with Toyo T1R 205/50/15

DSC00438.jpg
DSC00431.jpg
DSC00437.jpg
DSC00435.jpg
DSC00436.jpg
DSC00434.jpg

03/11/11 Mugen'd and Spoon'd

Quick pic just taken

IMG_0328.jpg

New addition are Mugen side skirts and rear lip bumper plus Spoon N1 backbox.

Was never too keen on the N1 on the EP3s but I "needed" a backbox to compliment the Mugen rear lip as it has an exhaust mould so it would look silly imo if there was no exhaust pipe coming out.

The N1 is what I remember it being on an EP3 so not sure if I like that much rumbling/noise and no doubt the missus will complain when we go out in it this weekend. Will get more pics when weather improves.

Few more pics i just taken

IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg

22/05/12

New pedals- offical Honda sport pedals

IMG_0055.jpg

Replaced badge on steering wheel (sticker)

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

29/06/12

Buddyclub short shifter which is for all Jazz- ** and GE

IMG_0151.jpg

Just had it installed over lunch

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

and the oem one

IMG_0159.jpg

06/07/12

Mugen rear wing

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

More pics can be found here * link doesnt work on Firefox but ok on Chrome* http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/Garyman1978/Jazz/

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool I suppose, if it's what you wanted :D .

Why are you modding it?

I don't like it, sorry. Older Jazz's looked better.

I actually prefer the new ones to the old ones :eek:

I never considered the Jazz as i was set in getting the Mazda 2, but the new Jazz took me by surprise and would rather stay in the Honda fold due to my local Mazda dealers (bad) reputation.

Haven't driven the new Jazz, but I was unfortunate enough to be loaned the previous model when having a service done. I was seasick.

Take it back, explain you made a mistake and swap it in for an Ep3.

I do prefer the new shape though looks sharper imo.

I haven't really seen the new Jazz up close yet. Any chance of some more pics Gary?

Would mods be beneficial for this type of car? It obviously hasn't got the same type of grunt that the CTR had, so would stiffening the chassis be worth it if you won't be chucking it into corners at speed?

Just a thought.

I haven't really seen the new Jazz up close yet. Any chance of some more pics Gary?

Would mods be beneficial for this type of car? It obviously hasn't got the same type of grunt that the CTR had, so would stiffening the chassis be worth it if you won't be chucking it into corners at speed?

Just a thought.

Or looking at it the other way, the ability to carry the speed through the corners to keep pace?

Or looking at it the other way, the ability to carry the speed through the corners to keep pace?

A very valid point nick-ol-arse. Ignore my previous post. Stiffen that bitch up. Don't bother with any power mods though, unless it's a K20a swap as mentioned earlier.

Washed the car over the weekend and found 2 big stone chips on the bonnet :mad: :(

Now i know stone chips are part and part of owning a Honda but these are quite big compared to what i had on the R so wondering what is the best way to fix it?

First thought is touch up pen from Honda but I'd used something similar on Susan's Clio when she had that 9 years ago, but that was rubbish and didnt blend in with the rest of the car.

We also touched up her dad's Jag a few years ago, and again, that looked rubbish as it didnt blend in with the rest of the body.

I obviously dont want the same result so would i be better off getting Chipaway to look at it?

Or should i just stop being a wuss and ignore it?

Gary

Washed the car over the weekend and found 2 big stone chips on the bonnet :mad: :(

Now i know stone chips are part and part of owning a Honda but these are quite big compared to what i had on the R so wondering what is the best way to fix it?

First thought is touch up pen from Honda but I'd used something similar on Susan's Clio when she had that 9 years ago, but that was rubbish and didnt blend in with the rest of the car.

We also touched up her dad's Jag a few years ago, and again, that looked rubbish as it didnt blend in with the rest of the body.

I obviously dont want the same result so would i be better off getting Chipaway to look at it?

Or should i just stop being a wuss and ignore it?

Gary

Beware the dark side Luke :lsabre:, If you start down this path your fcuked!!!! I have the same problem every time I wash mine, i start to have intrusive thoughts like, 'respray' or 'new bonnet, maybe carbon?' but then i remember I’m not a millionaire so just have to forget about it. I know it sucks but not worth the effort once you start you'll have to do it every month!!!!

I do a fare few miles, so mine was starting to get a few marks.

To combat this, as well as be a perfect excuse, I bought a carbon bonnet.

No marks since.

Win win.

I know what you are saying but i dont think i can ignore it :(

Maybe the stone chips didnt show up as much on my NHB, on its so noticeable on the Blue, i really need to get that sorted.

To combat this, as well as be a perfect excuse, I bought a carbon bonnet.

No marks since.

Win win.

I have more chances of winning the lottery AND the Euro Millions than being allowed to buy a CF bonnet for the Jazz!

touch up pen + wet and dry + G220 (if you still have it).

The paint match might not be perfect, but it will be very smooth and you won't notice it unless looking for it.

Back