• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My JDM Civic EP3 Type R.

Hey everyone.

Name is Mike, from Rayleigh in Essex. I'm a new member on here and have already introduced myself in the newbies section briefly. But I guess I may as well show my car in this section too, I'll no doubt be documenting any changes/upgrades I do.

So anyway I bought my Type R back in April from Woody's Garage down in Surrey. Must say he is a top bloke and he imports a lot of cool Japanese cars, but mainly Honda's.

So here are the goods:

- 2002 Civic Type R EP3, JDM Import in Championship white, was imported November 2015.

- Pre facelift model

- Auction Grade 4

- 68,000 miles/109,000KM

- No mods/bone stock. It did have a 5zigen pro racer exhaust on it when I bought it, but changed it for a standard/OEM exhaust.

_1-110.jpg

_1-210.jpg

_1-410.jpg

Photos I have taken during my ownership:

20160530.jpg

20160533.jpg

20160535.jpg

Restored the headlights:

thumbn10.jpg

Since owning it I have done the following:

- Full service with all the usual new fluids, spark plugs, oil filter

- Coat of underseal

- Valve clearances reset

- Brake calipers detailed in silver, to give it that new OEM look.

To be honest, I don't really have any plans to modify it, I plan to leave it OEM as possible, as I think it's a fairly low mileage, clean example and would like to leave it that way. I also do have another car as a toy which I use. The Civic is also my daily driver to work etc. So I think for anybody who was hoping to see a full on track or show car project this thread might not be the one for you. But if there is anyone who would like to keep informed or likes a nice OEM example then I'd love to hear any feedback/comments.

However, if I do need to do any maintenance on it and anything to keep it in good shape then I will definitely document it on here. I'll also just generally be tidying it up as it does have a few little marks here and there, my aim for this one would be to try and get it as close to how it would of looked when it left the factory :) As I am a little bit of a purist.

The car will need to have a new clutch fitted soon, so when I get round to that I'll also be doing a lightened flywheel, new gearbox and engine mount inserts, braided clutch line etc. If any bushes need doing etc anything like that.

So far the car hasn't disappointed and has exceeded my expectations. I truly hope it will continue to be a reliable and fun car.

Look forward to hearing any feedback or comments. :)

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely motor mate, always loved a JDM Import in Championship white. I'd probably look to keep it OEM too if I were you, hard to improve it IMO!

Thanks man. Yeah a lot of people have actually said to me to leave it OEM surprisingly enough. Like I said there are a few little marks in the paint such as stone chips and the previous owner in Japan scuffed the passenger wing mirror so I'll look at touching that in soon.

Thanks mate. No plans like mentioned for this one. Just tidying it up and keeping it original and untouched... Except any general wear and tear items of course!

Lovely car and in great condition. OEM is fantastic. Do wish mine came with the OEM alloys, does look good with them.

Thanks. And yeah for a grade 4, 14 year old car must say it is in exceptional condition except a few scratches and stone chips.

Really nice jdm ep3 you've got there, looks spot on, you don't see many white ep3 about any more, so good to see one.
is that a 200sx as your toy:lol:

Thank you minor_Legend, yeah I think it's definitely worth with any clean/original low mileage ones to keep in good condition as it will be nice to look back on in the future.

Also got a nice photo I took on Halloween night.

civic10.jpg

Am planning to do an oil and filter change next week, as it's at its 3000 mile mark since the last change.

Really nice jdm ep3 you've got there, looks spot on, you don't see many white ep3 about any more, so good to see one.
is that a 200sx as your toy:lol:

Thanks mate yeah I am well chuffed with it, it's a shame I have to use it as a daily driver, I don't wanna rack loads of miles on it :( I share my mums Audi A1 from time to time to go to work.

And yeah the S14A in the garage in that one photo was my last toy, but I sold it in September. :(

Here is a link to a project thread of it I have on a car forum local to me of you wanna have a look: http://www.greasejunkies.com/t266-mike-s-red-nissan-200sx-s14a-project

Back