• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My KPro adventure

MilanoChris said:
Type-R 69 said:
MilanoChris said:
Humran, was the car mapped with the Apexi exhaust? Or perhaps when the T1R was new?

Perhaps the change of exhaust/carbon coating on the new one might have altered the resistance and hence the A/F ratio?

Well I'm happy now anyway. Exhaust made some proper meaty back blast noises on the way home today when lifting off. Wonder if it's spitting flames :twisted:
Chis the car was mapped Apexi exhaust.Glad you you got it all sorted out :D

No probs mate. It's nothing you'd notice under normal driving. Only because I like playing and have started datalogging did I become aware of the problem.

How is the M3?
The M3 is doing fine love driving it :p still getting used to it pretty scarey when you put your foot down :lol:

Type-R 69 said:
MilanoChris said:
Pussy :lol:

Are you bringing it to Brecon on the 17th?

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14516
no gonna miss this one mate

Shame mate, would love to see the M3 in action!

Figured the speed thing out. In the paramiters tab, the ratios were set as the RSX.

I've changed it to JDM Integra so I'll do another run tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sorted and I'll be able to get a proper 60-100 time.

As an idea, what should I be expecting?

Type-R 69 said:
SpaceMonkey said:
No offence to anyone, but if he paid for it to be mapped surely he'd been better off spending a few quid more & have it mapped properly? :?

Type-R 69 said:
you mate the car was mapped properly at system-r at the end the money not the issue.

That makes no sense :?
Well this might make sense to you i was the owner of the car before chris bought it off me.

Wasn't having a dig mate, was asking a question....just seemed odd that System-R would let the car go with issues is why I asked

SpaceMonkey said:
Type-R 69 said:
SpaceMonkey said:
No offence to anyone, but if he paid for it to be mapped surely he'd been better off spending a few quid more & have it mapped properly? :?

Type-R 69 said:
you mate the car was mapped properly at system-r at the end the money not the issue.

That makes no sense :?
Well this might make sense to you i was the owner of the car before chris bought it off me.

Wasn't having a dig mate, was asking a question....just seemed odd that System-R would let the car go with issues is why I asked
No probs mate :D

You cant take a knock count as being gospel on our cars that it is true knock as some have very sensitive sensors compared to others. They are only small microphones after all.
They sometimes pick up noise making the trigger levels on heavy gear changes, vtec changeover and can also pick up loose valve clearances.

Best way to check is to datalog and see exactly where the knock is. Mine has always knocked its tits off according to the sensor at about 3000rpm at part throttle....but its because of my harsh suspension and engine mounts and not because there is anything wrong. :roll: :lol:

They were all in open loop at about 7500 rpm and above.

To go from 30+ knocks and then to zero on a different map, same driving, same speeds and the same road can't be just coincidence.

Paul, what's the score with the exhaust noise? Is it good that it's back blasting more now?

MilanoChris said:
They were all in open loop at about 7500 rpm and above.

To go from 30+ knocks and then to zero on a different map, same driving, same speeds and the same road can't be just coincidence.

Paul, what's the score with the exhaust noise? Is it good that it's back blasting more now?

:lol:
Its all good mate...its all good! :lol:

I have kept a close look on my car and fuelling from as soon as I had wideband and what I can tell you is that the AF does change in varying weather temperature differences. Only slightly but it does change.

You know for yourself that the car feels better on a cool morning than in a hot humid day. Thats because the air is cooler and more dense aiding combustion and running slightly leaner.

I would hazard a guess that the in gear ratio's were possibly screwing things up. The fact you say the car was doing far higher speeds than it actually thought it was doing would impact on the fuelling as you can change that in the map. May account for the richer fuel??

Are the ratios set by the map, or simply a means to display speed in KManager?

As TP has said the knock sensor is very sensative and will pick up knock even though there is no knock there.

Datalogging it is best way and seeing where it actually is but on cam changeover and stuff like that sometimes you will get false indications of knock most of the time if its bad you can hear it yourself, then its time to do something serious about it.

Fuel quality also plays a big part, in knocking etc etc......

Pete, I do understand this mate, but there is 0 counts now with the new map, whereas before there was 30 +.

If it was one or two on the old one I might not have been bothered, but it was doing it consitantly.

Pete, I do understand this mate, but there is 0 counts now with the new map, whereas before there was 30 +.

If it was one or two on the old one I might not have been bothered, but it was doing it consitantly.

Ok cool if its reading 0 now then all is fine, Its a fine line though when tuning cars to get the best out of them you will always have a degree of knock (even if this is false indication) a totally safe map with 0 knock is not allways the most powerful map, if you see what im saying ?

Tarticus said:

Ok cool if its reading 0 now then all is fine, Its a fine line though when tuning cars to get the best out of them you will always have a degree of knock (even if this is false indication) a totally safe map with 0 knock is not allways the most powerful map, if you see what im saying ?

Yeah I know that. Perhaps the car is slower now, perhaps it's quicker, I honestly couldn't tell you.

What I can say though is that is feels somewhat better, and sounds much better too 8)

MilanoChris said:
Are the ratios set by the map, or simply a means to display speed in KManager?

The in-gear setting is quite a recent thing to allow for better fuelling control.

Imagine the older software.....You dyno tune in 4th or 5th gear with fixed airflow from the tuners fan. (Remember fans are optimised for fixed airflow at normal sorts of high speed...4th/5th gear)

You then drive the car on the road in 1st gear full throttle....result is airflow wont be as high as was tuned so you wont have the same air at the intake thus there is the possibility to slightly overfuel.

Oposite happens in 6th at full throttle.....more air than was tuned on so will run slightly lean.

To be honest though the difference is so small when normal tuning is done its not a concern.

I like to do a combination of dyno and road mapping to get the perfect setup. Dyno tune for the optimum composite cam angle maps and roadtune for fuel. Once that is right crank the ignition up. 8)

Its very time consuming but people that have been in mine Paul's or Sara's car will testify the cars pull well through all gears and not just have a favoured gear as that was the one that the tuning was done in. :wink:

Cost does stop tuners doing this though. Imagine 1 day on the dyno then at least another on the road.....plus if you want to go full hog you can also map to intake temperatures......but that just starts getting silly....but worth it if your after optimum. 8)

Back