• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Latest Type R, an alabaster FN2 after three EP3s!

1488175_10153556250120144_482404407_n-2.jpg
[/URL]

My new FN2 GT, bit of a different drive to my previous EP3s. I love the car but I'm still trying to decide whether I love it more than the EP3 or not. Sometimes it feels easier to drive quickly but it can feel a bit lardy compared to the EP3 but I suppose that can be expected with the extra toys etc. One thing I will say is that a standard FN2 sounds a lot more pleasurable on song than a standard EP3. It'll suffice until I can afford the next gen VTEC Turbo Civic Type R in a couple of years :evil:!!

Looks very nice with those Rages resprayed. :smt023

Nice, I felt the same coming from an ep3, dc2, eg6, S2000 Etc. Get the geo set up and you'll be much happier!

Car looks great mate, starting to enjoy seeing these on the road.
If I moved from the EP3 to one of these I think I would take this straight to TDI North for a k100 and a map. Provided these don't already have a better map as standard?
How is the interior mate, and do they feel heavy? Also, is the ride as bad as Jeremy Clarkson insisted it was?
EP3 is getting a bit dated now and mine has creaks and noises at 93,000. Have been curious about these.

After a couple of weeks of ownership I think I am beginning to prefer it to the EP3, purely because it's performance is more accessible in the real world. I took my mate out in it the other day who owns a 57 reg Leon Cupra, he always used to bang on about turbos & torque but he was suitably impressed. In fact he said the power delivery of the FN2 felt smoother than his Cupra & felt just as fast. I also recently went out in another mates R32 Golf with a DSG box and although the V6 sounds awesome I reckon the FN2 could give it a run for its money in terms of pace. It's also a lot more civilised than the EP3 when on the motorway with its big comfy seats, arm rests & cruise control.

On a disappointing note something pretty hefty has tw*tted the rear offside 3/4 panel in the high winds leaving a substantial dent just above the rear passenger window. Really p*ssed off that it's made a mess of the car & I've got to wave goodbye to £500 insurance excess & NCB because of an act of God!!!

Correct in saying a K100 won't work on an FN2, FlashPro only mapped through the OBD port.

Take it to a body shop first fella. You might be surprised how little it could cost to get it fixed. Depends how bad it is obviously.

If it's less than £500 then winner, plus you won't lose any NCB or have to declare a claim for the next 5 years.

Cheers Loxy, took it to Blackpool Honda's bodyshop & the manager seemed to think it would cost a lot more than my excess to repair. They'd have to take the rear passenger window out as some paint has flaked off around it due to the dent.

Might be worth talking to an independent though to get a 2nd opinion.

Back