• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my long ass cosmic ep3 build!finally lowered

i turned across the path of another veichle, think i must have been day dreaming. turns out she was un insured though and was still able to claim for compensation and damages lol, part of me thinks she did it on purpose as she came out of no where and said she didn't have chance to put the brakes on(convenient i think not). so she probably ended up with a £200 fine and 6 points but then recived a few thousand in compo etc. was an old banger and in a **** area so who knows.

finally managed to get up to tgm to have my alignment done. the car has been transformed now and everything feels sharper and stable. everything was out by a mile expecially since i removed my lower sub frame to do my gear box. only thing that was a bit dissapointing was they were only able to get .55* on the front camber. not massively clued up on geo set ups and was wondering if these figures are just factory settings or is it a slightly more aggresive set up over oem? i was not asked how i like the car to handle or how i would like it set up etc which seemed odd from what other people have told me. also im still trying to work out why the fornt end is sitting about 10mm higher than the back. anyways heres my figures, all comments welcome.
IMG.jpg

P06-07-10_1234.jpg

Looks very good matey, I definately have a soft spot for cosmic grey ep3's and this is just making it worse!! ;)

Whats it like to drive in comparison to it being standard? I have roughly the same mods as yourself and I'm hoping to make the same power (I have gruppe m, rbc, k100, dc sports 4-2-1, spoon catback..) just gotta keep saving until I can afford mapping and fitting!

But 253bhp is definately very impressive!! Keep up the good work pal :)

to be honest with you athough the car is transformed im already hanckering for more power. i wish i had just gone straight down the turbo/ charger route rather than bothering with the gruppe m and rbc etc. one of those will possibly be the next step. im going through phases with the car at the moment of wanting to sell it and do my bike license or get an evo etc. Its a great car to drive and i really do love it but theres only so far you can really go with a fwd car. on the other hand i keep telling myself that no matter how much power you have surely you will always get used to it so it will just end up being a waste of money if that makes sense? think im feeling like this atm because iv just done to rwyb weekends and had a nightmare getting the power down, you look at the 4wd boys and its just so much easier to run good times without mega power due to the traction. my mates slightly modded p1 which is running 300bhp managed a 12.4 whilst i could only get a 14.0.

decided to purchase a gearbox mount insert to try and reduce the wheel hop im recently suffering from on hard launches. arrived today and decided to fit it after work, only took about an hour or so which was good.

firstly i had to jack the front of the car up and place it on axle stands, this allowed me to place the jack underneath the car to support the gearbox for when i removed the mount.

P13-07-10_1745.jpg

for those of you who dont know this is the mount the inserts go into

P13-07-10_174501.jpg

4 bolts later, 1 battery removed along with tray and the gearbox mount was out ready for the new inserts.

P13-07-10_1756.jpg

then it was a case of just refitting everything and hey presto! Havent been out to see what difference it has made and when i started the car up to move it i was surprised by the lack of vibration ion the inside considering i have a rear mount insert also.
P13-07-10_1840.jpg

Look forward to your next update on the gearbox mounts. By the way, don't people normally buy the engine mount inserts to reduce wheel hop as opposed to gearbox mounts?

yeh but this will reduce it even more, also think it helps with gear changes. Also fitted a tegiwa short shifter the other day which is awesome for the money, did take some pics but i managed to lose them somehow lol. Think its now time to start hunting for a charger! was thinking of going boost but cant justify spending over 1k on fitting when i could fit the charger myself and save the money.

to be honest with you athough the car is transformed im already hanckering for more power. i wish i had just gone straight down the turbo/ charger route rather than bothering with the gruppe m and rbc etc. one of those will possibly be the next step. im going through phases with the car at the moment of wanting to sell it and do my bike license or get an evo etc. Its a great car to drive and i really do love it but theres only so far you can really go with a fwd car. on the other hand i keep telling myself that no matter how much power you have surely you will always get used to it so it will just end up being a waste of money if that makes sense? think im feeling like this atm because iv just done to rwyb weekends and had a nightmare getting the power down, you look at the 4wd boys and its just so much easier to run good times without mega power due to the traction. my mates slightly modded p1 which is running 300bhp managed a 12.4 whilst i could only get a 14.0.

i would be pleased with that time when compared to a p1 they are rapid. the 4wd puts the power down really well. My cousin is selling his, wish i could afford it!

drove the car and can definately feel the improvement, engine feels much more planted and has reduced wheel hop. The new mount and short shifter have made gear changes feel 10 times better and i would definately recommend it as neither are an expensive mod and can be fitted with minor mechanical skills.

decided to give the engine bay a clean today and i think its come up really well, just need to sort out the slam panel now which is bugging the hell out of me, hopefully be able to get a can of cosmic grey paint from halfords.

before pics, really didnt realise how dirty it was until i compared the pictures.

P23-07-10_1309.jpg

and after

P23-07-10_1413.jpg

P23-07-10_141301.jpg

bought a steering arm bracket to raise my steering rack and hopefully reduce bump steer, which im really not looking forward to fitting, heard its right pig of a job.

P23-07-10_1638.jpg

Also decided id had enough of the crap screws which were holding my scoop onto the scuttle panel so purchased some bolts from tegiwa, looks a million times batter and now being able to use 4 bolts the scoop sits alot flatter against the scuttle.

mate the car is amazing, were did you get your intake manifold from and were did you get it polished? did you have to adapt the front slam panel atall? cheers

Nice thread this! Love the Toda! Really wanted one but couldnt get my hands on one @ the time. Ive also fitted inlet manifold and gearbox mount myself. Both fun jobs lol

Great thread, enjoyed reading through it all

Let me know when you get the steering arm raiser fitted and give us a review. Im also looking to do the same to reduce bump steer

thanks for all the comments guys, with regards to the steering rack bracket it made the car feel so much more responsive and was deffiately a worthwhile investment.

the car is now being broken for parts and i have a for sale thread so feel free to take them off my hands.

you sir are correct, put it back to standard in the end and sold it so didn't want people finding images of it being modified. Bought an rx7 running 370bhp in the end which i have now sold and am going back to honda but this time in the form of 2 wheels.

This was such a nice car. :) A set of wheels would have finished it off IMO.

Loved the details write-ups.

Details/Pics on the RX-7 and good luck on the bike :)

Back