• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My manifold wrapping - Now Finished.

** UPDATE 02/08/2006 **
Finished pictures can be seen here...
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=231844#231844

Arh well, just wrapped my JR Manifold and I'm about a foot short of wrap and at £30 a time its not cheap but heres how it looks so far.

manifold_wrap.jpg

Still, I'm pleased with the results and it looks tidy. I used approx 8 foot of wrap per foot of pipe. I've got some spray to go on it too so once I wrap the remaining part I'll seal it with some thermo-tec spray :)

- Kevin.

Nice job 8)

Looks like you've used quite a lot of overlap and you might have been able to finish the job with one roll if you'd used a bit less, but this is impossible to know until you've finished! :lol:

Evs said:
Nice job 8)

Looks like you've used quite a lot of overlap and you might have been able to finish the job with one roll if you'd used a bit less, but this is impossible to know until you've finished! :lol:

There's not much overlap, it's only 1" in width and I overlapped the previous roll by 1/4. There's a little overlap on the bends to ensure everythings covered but thats it.

Nevermind :)

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
There's not much overlap, it's only 1" in width and I overlapped the previous roll by 1/4. There's a little overlap on the bends to ensure everythings covered but thats it.
Ah apologies then - didn't mean that as a criticism, just an observation.
The stuff I used was about 2-2.5" wide which is probably why it looked a bit odd to me. :oops: :)

Can i ask a stupid question??? Oh well i will anyway................What is the purpose of doing that???

Sorry for the stupidity (sp?) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

monkey boy kev said:
Can i ask a stupid question??? Oh well i will anyway................What is the purpose of doing that???

Sorry for the stupidity (sp?) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Keeps the heat in the manifold and has two benefits, increased exhaust gas scavenging ie it flows faster and b) it helps keep engine bay temps down a bit more.

Was too eager to get my manifold on to wrap it :oops:

Never mind - certainly not done any harm! Plus having huge holes on my bonnet helps too :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:

Never mind - certainly not done any harm! Plus having huge holes on my bonnet helps too :lol:

I've had this manifold sitting in a box in the garage for 2 or 3 months :oops:

- Kevin.

Welsh-Rich said:

Lol I never got round to doing mine either, unfortunately I don't have an excuse as it was hanging around for 4 months before it was fitted. :oops:

How does the wrap stay on? Is it sticky on one side or something???

My Toda manifold is currently off my car (MOT a few weeks back), so I was thinking of wrapping it before it goes back on....

SpaceMonkey said:
CTR_Paul said:

Yup :wink:

Dont be silly, its not sticky. You need some 'snap-straps' to hold it in place, thermo-tec do some nice ones which you can get from eBay.

Look carefully and you'll see the straps at the ends of each section ;)

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
SpaceMonkey said:
CTR_Paul said:

Yup :wink:

Dont be silly, its not sticky. You need some 'snap-straps' to hold it in place, thermo-tec do some nice ones which you can get from eBay.

Look carefully and you'll see the straps at the ends of each section ;)

- Kevin.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I thought some wraps were sticky?

Back