• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My milano baby pumps out 240 big ones! (chart in 1st post)

N77 said:
I take it the figure in brackets is the @wheels figure (192) ?

If so what are they using for transmission losses as using 18% which is what people use is 234bhp which is still an impressive figure I might add.

Carl

Yes this was mentioned, however the dyno does a run at a constant 3000rpm to calculate the transmission losses.

Not much of a know it all when it comes to dyno results, though like you say, it's still an impressive result.

N77 said:

If so what are they using for transmission losses as using 18% which is what people use is 234bhp which is still an impressive figure I might add.

Carl

Pretty impressive indeed, considering I ran 195 bhp at the wheels (242 bhp fly) straight after Chris with a k-pro and DCRH :shock:

Jon

JonCTR said:
N77 said:

Carl

Pretty impressive indeed, considering I ran 195 bhp at the wheels (242 bhp fly) straight after Chris with a k-pro and DCRH :shock:

Jon

I'm saving for a KPro as we speak!

Once the Spoon is of and the Apexi Hayabusa goes on I will dyno it at the same place again to see the difference.

Anyone got a Toda they can lend me? :wink: :lol:

Yup looks impressive

the 192 is actually got to be the wheel figure

Meaning 192 + 18% (as most people use this) = 226.56 BHP

Sorry to burst the bubble and I dont want to get drawn into an argument, I hate dynos :)

Still impressive gains with the outlay you have spent, just think the Dyno people there have been a little OTT on the transmission losses.

Cars with K-Pro tune are looking at around 206 BHP at the Wheels this is 2 cars that I have seen dynoed myself, although this Dyno was approx 15 BHP at the wheels different to another Dyno I went on (15BHP More may I add) sooo swings and roundabouts really.

Get it on the 1/4 Mile tell me your average Terminal Speed and ill tell you what BHP you really got :)

Tarticus said:
Yup looks impressive

the 192 is actually got to be the wheel figure

Meaning 192 + 18% (as most people use this) = 226.56 BHP

Sorry to burst the bubble and I dont want to get drawn into an argument, I hate dynos :)

Still impressive gains with the outlay you have spent, just think the Dyno people there have been a little OTT on the transmission losses.

Cars with K-Pro tune are looking at around 206 BHP at the Wheels this is 2 cars that I have seen dynoed myself, although this Dyno was approx 15 BHP at the wheels different to another Dyno I went on (15BHP More may I add) sooo swings and roundabouts really.

Get it on the 1/4 Mile tell me your average Terminal Speed and ill tell you what BHP you really got :)

Like I said mate no Idea about dyno's - all I know is that I got a couple of HP less than Jon who has KPro and DC Header.

Happy with that 8)

Cool m8 was just explaining a bit about it for you, interesting to see Jons results though were these done at same time on the same dyno same session.

Any idea if his car has been mapped from the K-Pro or is he running a off the shelf map. Still impressive figures m8, wasnt at all taking anything away from the results.

But Dynos are just tuning tools and to be honest when people start ranting Dyno Figures it means absolute crap all to me :)

Tarticus said:
Cool m8 was just explaining a bit about it for you, interesting to see Jons results though were these done at same time on the same dyno same session.

Any idea if his car has been mapped from the K-Pro or is he running a off the shelf map. Still impressive figures m8, wasnt at all taking anything away from the results.

But Dynos are just tuning tools and to be honest when people start ranting Dyno Figures it means absolute crap all to me :)

Yeah Jons car ran straight after mine on the same Dyno.

His first map was mapped for the same mods, but I think the exhaust and intake was different.

He then put his map on that was tuned by CPL but without Header and got the higher gain.

His mods are iirc:

Mugen CAI, DC Header, Spoon B pipe and N1, Kpro.

Give me a couple of minutes and I will scan my result on the same graph as his. Quite interesting actually.

If 192 whp on your calculations gives 226bhp, then that means all the standard CTR are putting out 177bhp!! :wink:

OK here it is.

Easy enough to figure out as Jon has the higher rev limit.

I do like my torque curve vs his though.

dyno2.jpg

Aye, certainly was a nice torque curve :D and no massive dip at VTEC point seen with the std ecu

This dyno does a coast down from 3,000 rpm to calculate the transmission loss.

Its reasonably accurate as the same dyno in the Summer gave a std. 30AE CTR 160 wheel bhp and 199 fly bhp.

I got pretty much what I was expecting. I had 185 wheel bhp in the Summer there with std. header and decat pipe. The DCRH added another 10 wheel bhp to give me 195 wheel bhp on the day.

I ran Aaron's Palmers modified 3 map, and my CPL racing map (tuned on the decat) and got results within 1 wheel hp diff.

Anyway, Chris seems to have a special CTR there :D

Jon

milano_chris said:
Anyone got a Toda they can lend me? :wink: :lol:

Alex got 201 wheel hp there in the Summer with AEM / K100 / toda header / SS unsilenced mid pipe and Spoon N1 :shock:

Jon

Back