• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano EP3 - LCA's Page 5

That's the same width wheels and offset as the work wheels on the rear of mine so a nice easy fitment. Could be tempted in a set of these for mine of I definitely do decide to get rid of the works. Should look nice when you've got them all fitted mate

Well the Evo 9 wheels are now on the car and have been given a wee test drive.

My first initial reaction is that the Kumho tyres inspire much more confidence than the previous set. The car feels more planted and chuckable, which isnt bad for the money I paid.

The wheels will need a pro refurb as my efforts were not amazing by any means. On the whole I am a happy camper.

Quick picture.

civic.jpg

The next step for me is to get a FRSU and perhaps a JDM ARB.

Then a CPL reflash I think.

Loving the wheels mate. Think they really suit the ep3. Might even be tempted to get a set for mine if I sell the works.

nice car mate! those wheels are miles better and the stance looks way better aswell,good choice;)

Cheers mate, The car does sit better on the wider wheels and feels much more positive. I have front camber bolts so might get a little more dialed in at the front.

Loving the wheels mate. Think they really suit the ep3. Might even be tempted to get a set for mine if I sell the works.

Thanks, definitely cant fault the wheels bar a little kerbing. They will be getting refurbed in the next couple weeks if I can find a place to do them for a decent price.

Nice update man.

Looks great. Personally always prefered the Evo 9's on EP's instead of the Evo 8 wheels.

Thumbs up!

Nice update man.

Looks great. Personally always prefered the Evo 9's on EP's instead of the Evo 8 wheels.

Thumbs up!

Thank you kindly. I like the look of both but these wheels have definitely won me over. Will look better once properly painted.

Any word on your ek, if you still have it?

Thank you kindly. I like the look of both but these wheels have definitely won me over. Will look better once properly painted.

Any word on your ek, if you still have it?

Nothing dude. I dont have a car ATM.

I have a mortgage though so all my mod money is going on over-payments. I might venture back into the Honda world depending on how the new Type-R fairs... until then, it's very much video-games/football/and my kids for my spare time and pocket money :D

Always have an eye on the forums though!

Wheel Refurb and Polish

So this week I had my wheels refurbished in gloss black, reason for this was that my original paint job was pretty rubbish to be fair. I also had the car cleaned and polished to head to crail tomorrow.

Couple quick pictures.

GEDC0641.jpg

GEDC0642.jpg

A shot of the little bit of stretch from the 215 tyres.

GEDC0643.jpg

GEDC0644.jpg

GEDC0647.jpg

GEDC0648.jpg

I think my photography skills need improved, but that will come with time and practice.

Cheers
Neil

Wow.

Looks great man.

Thanks very much. It is not the cleanest car going but for a 10 year old car with 120k on it it isnt too bad. The paint will need seen to at some point but for now I am going to try and get some more power and driveability out of it.

So on the way to Crail on Sunday the car started to behave in a strange manner; felt as if the road was bumpy and rippled when in fact it was not. Pulled over immediately and noticed smoke wafting from the pass side caliper. Checked it over and there was plenty meat on the pads and fluid was fine. Let the car cool and then proceeded, not a single problem the way home or today. I conclude I have a intermittent sticking calliper. Luckily my mate has a set in an attractive yellow hue which I will replace my ones with. I have also ordered up some Pagid OE pads and some fluid to fit them. Timing here is unfortunate as a proper brake upgrade was in the pipeline for later this year, however this temporary fix will give me piece of mind and has not cost that much in truth. I hope to get them fitted on Thursday.

I had it done by hand the other day, I get it once a month but only for the shine really. The car needs a proper detail and machine polish to remove the swirls, heck it needs repainted really. Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks to a late night and my mate lee I now have some replacement calipers on the car. The passenger side had been stuck which was causing all sorts of nasty effects. So we swapped them and bunged new pads in which has made a vast improvement. Only issue still present is that the disc was ever so slightly warped. This hasn't caused any noticeable issues but will be getting swapped out. I put it down to maintenance but at least I will have a complete overhaul.

Fcuking cars!

turns out the bolt which connects the brake pipe to the caliper was not on quite tight enough. Brake fluid seeping out and some questionable braking characteristics. Sorted all of this this evening and im hoping there are no after effects in regard to the paint on the wheel. Washed it and it seemed ok. Heres hoping. On the plus side the car feels great now.

Back