• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new Alabaster silver FN2 Type R GT

Have had this just over two weeks and ive been reading the site as a visitor until i got the car tidied up , its an 07 with 21k usual GT spec and have just added fresh mats, hondata airbox mod , FD2 key back and freshened up the paintwork and wheels yesterday with my girlfriend which can be seen here.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=157042

only other plans at the minute are front badge and silvervision rear bulbs .

so any hows a few pics

33-10.jpg

key.jpg

34-8.jpg

35-8.jpg

46-1.jpg

47-1.jpg

As i said before , i have been looking around and the site seems very friendly and informative , any questions etc , just fire away

stephen

Welcome! :)

Looke very clean that, mines filthy at the minute and I haven't got the energy to go clean it, plus it's horrible outside too so I'll try and do it next weekend....

Welcome! :smt023

Best colour, good choice! :lol:

Hadn't realised there was an airbox mod with it being a panel filter. Is it much the same as for the EP3?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea its exactly the same procedure , getting the box out is pretty easy , one bolt on the RHS as your looking in , and the bottom of the box pulls out - theres also two rubber bungs that hold it in too but you just pull away from these , theres a few fins to cut away on the left and rear , and also a triangular section on the RHS that can be cut away also . Pretty straight forward

Cracking! Three guesses what I'll be up to on the day off tomorrow! :smt023

i did most of it with a pair of side cutters and pliers , cutting out bits at a time , the piece i mentioned at the side is quite thick so watch out it doesnt break through the bottom of the box , but if i can do it anyone can .

ps what fitment are your rear silvervisions wy21w?

No thanks, not sharing the beer! :p
Though I could trade you some adidas star wars gear if that appeals to your "inner geek"!

If its nice this weekend I'll get off my arsch and sort mine out, I just cant bare looking at the stone chips on the front end!

cheers loxy , i got the rear indicators in ,and also phillips extreme in the dipped mains , and a HKS filter in the airbox , and a front type R badge, just need to sort front brakes out soon as they were flagged up on an earlier car inspection report ( last service), i have my eye on cheap brembo plain discs :) and ** see what price i can get ds2500s at , i hate paying RRP . i had ds2000s on an old car and i loved them , does anyone know anywhere cheap for them , bear in mind postage to NI

stephen

Updated Pics

gave the car a good wash today and topped it off with a fresh pot of poorboys wheel sealant ; the theory being it always makes a huge difference to wheels and i always wondered what it would be like on paint , and its brilliant in the flesh with lots of flake pop

nipped out with the GF and took a a few new pics , brakes are ordered now , brembo plain high carbons and ds2500s so thats a job for next weekend hopefully

Stephen

Few Recent changes

Everyone seems to have a project recently so i thought id jump on the bandwagon
icon_smile.gif

I've had my FN2 for a little over a year now and finally the modification bug has bitten, The plan is a few simple bolt on bits and a remap using flashpro- who by i havent decided yet but theres a few options in the works.

The plan is:
RRC manifold wrinkled black- arrived
Rocker cover- although its perfect as it is , to be wrinkled black
All fixings to be polished or black
Hondata Intake gasket- Fitted
Scoopin Crazy Intake kit -Fitted
Resonator removed and 83mm ducting between intake kit and airbox- parts arrived
Skunk2 composite fuel rail to keep the black theme
Exhaust manifold, at the minute Tegiwa, but if it doesnt make good power etc ** re-evaluate
RRC cams
Flashpro of course and a map

Theres also a few body work bits that have been annoying me recently, which i will sort along the way. i clipped the front edge of my bumper avoiding a dodgy parking attempt one day which is sometimes visable and also there has been a dodgy smart repair on the rear splitter at one stage, i have priced bodyshops and tbh the sprayed part from Honda is cheaper and ensures a 100% colour match so thats the avenue im using when the time comes.

Anyhows a few pics.

My car as its is, pretty much a stock 07 Type R GT, with 33k at the minute with an HKS panel filter and a smoothed airbox

In january after a full service - all fluids changed and valve clearances i had it dyno'd at a reputable tuner- excuse the torque scaling please

Scoopin intake arrived - and the ducting i bought fits so thats good
only other bits are 2l of Honda coolant when i drain out to fit the RRC

Well its done, fitment wasn't too awkward, the new manifold went on a lot easier than the old one came off, the sound is fantastic with a lot more deepness to the engine note when on cam. few pics, will get some half decent ones when the car is clean

Big thanks has to go to Darran for the help and the free bet
icon_smile.gif

beers in the post

Again to Paul also for his work- 100% happy

Just needs cams, fuel rail, the plug cover is on backorder and of course hondata
icon_smile.gif

Also ordered tonight was a Skunk2 FRP fuel rail, then its Manifold time, then off to TDI north for FD2 cams and a map

Comments and opinions welcome :)

Stephen

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick Camera pic of recent deliverys

20110421185240.jpg
20110421185240.jpg
20110421185240.jpg%5D

Do Luck filter- because my HKS was manky, many thanks to Caroline at Sumo Power and also for the free clothing
icon_smile.gif

Tegiwa plug cover fell through due to no stock so ordered this one of ebay- its no Mugen but it also wasnt 230 quid
icon_smile.gif
JDM fanboys can hate away

Skunk2 fuel rail to tidy up the std fuel system- does look quite smart

Fitment for the last two is tomorrow AM and i cant wait

Well its done, but a hassle

First off the fuel tube had to be slightly bent to clear the fat breather hose/ water hose? on the right hand side of the RRC so the cars fuel line could be attached. This wasnt the major issue of the day- this went to 2 busted injector O rings, no matter how carfeful i was they split causing a nice fuel leak when i turned the pump on. Lucky a local tuning place had a bag of spares, I doubt he's reading but thanks to Charlie at ECC, Appreciated pal.

Also the threads on the Skunk2 bolts that came were a little suspect and required a pass through on a set of dies as did the rrc mountings for the rail.

But it does look good imo
icon_razz.gif

Excuse the undried trim dressing guys

p1030463.jpg

Shot of the 83mm airfeed to the airbox from the scoopin garnish

Its getting there, 80mm TB and flashpro next

Thanks for looking

Stephen

Back