• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

alright guys as you may have seen on my newbie thread ive been after a type r ep3 for a track car, finaly found one now. will be collecting the car tomorrow morning and will be going straight down to MaMotorsport to start been track prepared etc, this is now my 4th track car and did say in passed wont have another track car unless its something major special sooo i guess will have to follow though with that now,

my project base is-
-2005 plate ep3 premium edition
-61k on the clock
-night hawk black?

only have 2/3 pictures atm,
seat_zps591e4ddf.jpg

13822533_3X_zps4ccb4a70.jpg
1_zps88b8600e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your plans with it Mark?

major diet colin, every single piece plastic and seats are been sold, windows etc, 2 new buckets harnesses (6point) and muilty point roll cage and then respray it all inside. unsure what colour yet though:/....

then will be to move on to brakes i think i will be getting some AP racing calipers and making my own brackets up to fit, some coilovers, will make my own braided brake lines aswell. engine wise for now will be 4/2/1 manifold (make my self). induction kit and a remap....

need some advice on coilovers though please?

Looks like you've bagged yourself an anniversary edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
major diet colin, every single piece plastic and seats are been sold, windows etc, 2 new buckets harnesses (6point) and muilty point roll cage and then respray it all inside. unsure what colour yet though:/....

then will be to move on to brakes i think i will be getting some AP racing calipers and making my own brackets up to fit, some coilovers, will make my own braided brake lines aswell. engine wise for now will be 4/2/1 manifold (make my self). induction kit and a remap....

need some advice on coilovers though please?

Great stuff, look forward to seeing how it develops.

Check out my recent thread for Coilover suggestions. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85302-EP3-Coilover-options&highlight=nitron

If budget allows then Nitron would be my first choice. Unfortunately while saving up for a house deposit I can't justify spending that kind of cash anymore so looking at the Meister R Superace.

If not already you should get yourself over onto http://www.hondas-on-track.com/ :)

That's not a 30th Anni chap, is a premier edition

whats the actual difference?

anyways got the car back today only had an hour or so but manged to get some bits done on it... also got log book and papers though, found out the car been remaped, not sure where or who by though, has mot unit july, ds3000 pads, 2 owners and full honda history.

so in the hour we had i managed to start the cars diet inside, also we took the front end off, as i wont to take air con off, swop rads fit new bumper and head lights, managed grab a couple pictures,
IMG_6334_zps6a339bed.jpg

i have to say it feel a real shame to be fulling such a well looked after car to piece credit to its last owner been kept soo clean. all the interior pannels are for sale, seats carpet, steering wheel air bags etc, not sure what its worth idea with price be great?

Looking good fella, I'll be following this thread with interest :)

Cheers should be something special knowing what am like lol.

Going to get air bags removed and rest air con today and start selling all the interior parts then I can order some steel to make the roll cage, also going to order an alloy rad and few other bits and pieces :)

Check out ad1 build thread on HOT, he would be a good person to talk to with the route you are going.

Great news in the track build and I look forward to more pics as the car looks lush!!

Although it seems odd to buy a special edition (and such a mint looking one too) and then pull everything out of it that makes it special - if you get my meaning? Good luck with it all though :p

Mod edit.
1. No text typing please.
2. No sales outside the classifieds section
3. You do not yet meet the requirements to sell items on this forum.

Check out ad1 build thread on HOT, he would be a good person to talk to with the route you are going.

sweet i will do cheers, i build stuff like this for my job so no what i wont etc, but we maily good french stuff so not to clued up on the honda parts etc, all advise is good advice though:) thanks

Great news in the track build and I look forward to more pics as the car looks lush!!

Although it seems odd to buy a special edition (and such a mint looking one too) and then pull everything out of it that makes it special - if you get my meaning? Good luck with it all though :p

cheers, i no i no... was bit upset stripping it out to be honnest with you when its such a nice car! paint work interior etc is in perfect nick. yer i get what you mean and if am honnest i didt even no it was a special untill i got it on the truck, reason i got this car is following.
-wonted a low milage one 60ish k on this
-face lift shape
- something cheap so money saved can be spent else where.... and this was £2200 steall!! it also has been remapped, ds3000 pads on and induction kit lol

Back