• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

bot updated this for couple of days now, not had as much time to work on the car as i would of liked but manged to sort out a few good bits and bobs...

new manifold, came and fitted, trail fitted for now, need get it back off and get it heat wrapped, also manged to sort some MASSIVE brakes out pics to follow,

old vs new, the "new disks were used for one track day and then been stored since, so need a clean up.
1_zps4edb3bf2.jpg

caliper sat on, caliper is not a honda one so we have had to design and make our own brackets to fit, will be water jet cut from titanium then some cnc milling router out some bits in it.
3_zpsfc6fa308.jpg

finally got the brackets sorted and caliper/disk sorted and lined up right then moment of truth do the wheels fit...
yes they do with a credit cards width lol
4_zps72453eaf.jpg

then gave them some paint:)

photo2_zps31a03faa.jpg

photo4_zps07e163c8.jpg

then onto the exhaust

exhaust (along with a fiber glass door am fitting on super1600 car, night mare job)
a_zps0b796900.jpg

c_zpsc0414499.jpg

b_zpsfc0949d9.jpg

as said coming back off to heat wrap lol

That's a lot of effort, any reason why you didn't try a conventional big brake kit or the Brembos off a DC5?

Good work though.

Hmmm think the brakes need to be bigger :eek: fill the wheels perfectly
Haha yer they really do.

That's a lot of effort, any reason why you didn't try a conventional big brake kit or the Brembos off a DC5?

Good work though.

From an effort point of view Motorsport work like this is my job so was quite easy as have all correct machine and tools.

Cost point these were free...

Also biggest off shelf kit is 340 I believe these 345 with a lot bigger pad, this is a prototype and if works well with no problems we will be supplying the kit plus using it on customers race cars in future:)

How much do you think your brake kit would sell for of you decided to go ahead with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do you think your brake kit would sell for of you decided to go ahead with them.

erm no idea at the min really, come a cross a little proplem with the bell but a new one is been machined up also the brake caliper brackets been made up aswell, so should be fitted in the next week ready for some testing:)

what paint did you use for the calipers? finish looks great!

base coat, and clear, i own a body shop so done though the gun and baked off etc properly not though a rattle can so get alot better finish:D

Looking good, cant wait to see this out on track :cool:

you and me both!! will be out on track within one month i hope, will be on standard susspension but everything else is modifided pretty much...

small ish update, but will be a big one to come next week,

popped down to demon tweek for work yesterday, got sided tracked whilst was there and treated my self to new steering wheel and boss, also some bonnet catches.

ive also picked some new seats and harnesses, just need to knock up some sub frames and side mounts at work then all ready to go when seats come, also need to order some semi slicks, and buy some other wheel, if anyones selling a set kurbed, damged bad paint, no trye etc let me no please <<(sorry if not aloud to say that mods).

o and one last thing finally got an hour tomorrow night so cars going in the booth to be painted,

anyhow couple pictures,

new wheel, got my mum to make me a cover, saved me 15quid just as good lol! just need to stick omp centre cap on now,
newwheel_zps0469228a.jpg

bonnet with pins
bonnetpluspins_zps68a88b9f.jpg

right well finally got some psare time, so got the car painted other day, finally coming together, couple pic anyways, just needs lining up and tightening up, on pictures things just sat on why they dont look perfectly lined up.

1-21_zpsba45a165.jpg

2-21_zps3ce920f8.jpg

3-19_zpsfa33d868.jpg

4-14_zps7a59f41c.jpg

5-5_zpsaf70b9c3.jpg

Back