• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My New Milano Red EP3

Hi All,

Thought it is about time I introduce my Milano Red EP3 which I picked up about 4 weeks ago and I am loving it!!:D. I was a bit skeptical to upload at first as it looks a bit chavy at the moment with the black spoiler but I will be making improvements. I have added the Type R badge which someone debadged and have replaced my back box as the bafflers were gone.

I plan on installing a Tegiwa Induction Kit and new Inlet and Exhaust Manifold (not sure which one yet). Any suggestions would be helpful. I also plan on sorting the body work out as it has the dreaded faded paint work so I will be looking to wrap it or for a respray.

Here's a pic....

rsz_car.jpg

Josh

Hi All,

Thought it is about time I introduce my Milano Red EP3 which I picked up about 4 weeks ago and I am loving it!!:D. I was a bit skeptical to upload at first as it looks a bit chavy at the moment with the black spoiler but I will be making improvements. I have added the Type R badge which someone debadged and have replaced my back box as the bafflers were gone.

I plan on installing a Tegiwa Induction Kit and new Inlet and Exhaust Manifold (not sure which one yet). Any suggestions would be helpful. I also plan on sorting the body work out as it has the dreaded faded paint work so I will be looking to wrap it or for a respray.

Here's a pic....

View attachment 18424

Josh
Hiya Josh, definitely looks better with the type R badge!, imo of course. Have replied to your post in the where in Essex bit. Welcome to the family, you won't regret, cheers.

Welcome mate. Don't be skeptical about putting it up, it's nice to see where a car starts it's journey and the changes owners make. Seems to be a few Milano's popping up on here lately, I must say the colour has grown on me a lot. You don't see many of them around either!

Looks good Mate, hopefully see/gear you bombing around Grays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give everyone an update as to what I've done on the EP3 so far:

1. Wrapped centre console and handles to carbon fibre. Before: https://ibb.co/mjnuC5 After: https://ibb.co/fpfT5Q
2. Changed gaiter to alcantara
3. Changed the Gear Knob to MJC Autosport Weighted
4. Changed the heater control knobs from chrome to originals
5. Painted calipers red https://ibb.co/nqX2X5
6. Installed a new custom back box (done by Fast Lane Styling) https://ibb.co/mf035Q
7. Restored the headlights https://ibb.co/bEOWQQ
8. Removed seats to steam clean the interior https://ibb.co/iyb7zk https://ibb.co/czeXX5

Yet to come:

1. Remove headliner to dye black
2. Install Tegiwa Induction
3. Clean engine bay (paint rocker cover, engine cover, alternator and A/C pipes)
4. Refurbish alloys
5. Tint windows (Dark smoke or limo black)
6. Get the car under-sealed
7. Fit Mugen spoiler

How are you dying the headliner?
Im guessing its a simple process.

Hopefully a little better than the wheeler dealers process of using black spray paint :picardfp:

Dash looks much better, that black paint finish didn't look great.
Good work so far

I had my windows done limo black on my first ep and it looked way too dark (didn't help my ep3 was black)
But going a tone or two down on the tint looks much nicer, this is what I have now.
Although Im sure it will look much better against the red paintwork than black.

I would personally re trim the headlining. Some nice fabrics out there to do it with and not expensive

I've been told that you can buy a dye however I may just get some fresh material and re-trim it. Not sure how I will tackle the pillars yet.

Yeah the dash colour was awful, paint was cracked and had a very flat finish.

I do like the Limo just because it's extra privacy and it's what I had on my golf but the dark smoke does look good on the EP3.

Yeah I was planning on doing them too, forgot to mention. I just hope everything is easy to remove. I'm waiting for the right time to do all of this as I'm so busy and wrapped up with work at the moment.

Update on my Milano Red EP3

Hi All,

So I have been rather busy since my last update:

1. Fitted facelift seats which I went all the way to Wales to collect
IMG_20170828_185451_575.jpgIMG_20170828_185451_597.jpg
2. Re-wrapped centre console
4780bea0be5b3b5bd0e37cfe9dd2e847.jpg

3. Fitted the standard air box with the Hondata mod
4. Had all new exhaust piping with a centre silencer added (car was deafening) and changed the tail pipes
83f9e58e4f3b8fc197f05dc278cf9aba.jpg

5. Bought a new (legal) number plate
6. Cleaned the engine bay (painted the A/C pipe work and freshened up all the plastic and pipes)
IMG_20170902_141002-min.jpg
7. Installed the foot well lights (cheers Loxy & Rick!)
IMG_20170815_210411.jpg

Hopefully this month I will be getting some Eibach Sportline Springs, some Hardrace Camber arms and Powerflex bolts to apply a FRSU. I am also looking to increase the power in the next few months i.e. supercharger (if I can convince the misses).

Car is really coming along nicely, feels so much nicer to drive with the new exhaust and standard air box.

Anything else I should consider doing?

Cheers,

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine bay and footwell light look really good mate. Any picture of the centre console and exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Engine bay and footwell light look really good mate. Any picture of the centre console and exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers bud! I do but the file size is too big and I couldn't be bothered to reduce them haha. When I get chance I'll post them. The exhaust is pretty much the same as standard and the centre console is still carbon fibre wrap but the Matt version rather than the Gloss.

Josh

Hi All,

Haven't posted much recently but have made some good progress with the car as follows:

- carried out service; oil replacement, K&N filter, Pollen filters, Transmission fluid
- fitted short shifter
- fitted some Eibach Sportline springs and have bought some hardrace camber arms and Eibach camber bolts. My FRSU is booked in for next weekend
- I have replaced all four tyres for Khumos. Can't remember which ones exactly
- fitted new track rod ends
- undersealed the car

I will try to get some pictures up later on today. I will be getting some black dye to do the headlining and pillars in a couple of weeks.
I will also be getting the car plasti-dipped by a mate at my local garage. Not sure on what colour yet, I want something that stands out but not too chavy (I quite like Khaki)

Cheers,

Josh

Where you having the FRSU done Josh?

Alright mate,

One of the guys down at Grays Service Station recommended a company called R2 Automotive in Tilbury. £149 for the FRSU and £60 to fit my camber arms and bolts.

Alright mate,

One of the guys down at Grays Service Station recommended a company called R2 Automotive in Tilbury. £149 for the FRSU and £60 to fit my camber arms and bolts.

I know that company. A fella I know called Louis works there. He has a civic and they do a fair bit of Honda stuff I believe.

Tbf Kev and the boys at Grays Service station don't recommend any one crap. They've pointed me in the direction of a few people I've used for stuff

I know that company. A fella I know called Louis works there. He has a civic and they do a fair bit of Honda stuff I believe.

Tbf Kev and the boys at Grays Service station don't recommend any one crap. They've pointed me in the direction of a few people I've used for stuff

Oh really? I normally deal with Paul, he's the guy who will be doing the plasti-dip for me (only £500).

I'll let you know how I get on with R2.

Back