• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My NHB EP3

Brilliant build thread, one of the best I've enjoyed reading for a while. Only just noticed it today and read it cover to cover. Full admiration for the work effort put in :).

Right time for another update :)

Fitted new poly bushes to the hubs :)

also burnt apart the old trailing arm bushes and replaced them too

forgot to get pics of the new bushes in place ,, was in a bit of a hurry to get the rear suspension back on whoops

but yeah good new is its all back on will get pics of that when im down the garage again.

and after that i decided to start on the bodywork !!

managed to dent the boot pushing the car into the garage when i first got it !! been trying to forget about it but guess its finally time to sort it out !!

think that was the first fill ,,,, while that was drying decided to start drivers side ...

masked off ready for primer ...

First couple coats ...

And final fill on a dent i managed to miss !!

Well thats it for now,, will be hoping to have it on the road in 3-4 months money depending ,, we shall see how it goes !!!

well small update on body work , most damaged filled , just needs some final sanding and filling but its almost ready for paint , as a bit of a perfectionist this part always takes me the longest as i like it to be spot on lol

so here are a few pics so far !!

and seen as im doing the bodywork now decided to treat myself to a new toy !!

and got the car a couple of treats as someone had removed them bore i got her !!

well i thought the time had come that i updated again !!!!
been a bit bust so havent had a chance SORRY !!!!

well couple of changes have been made with the paintwork ,, at first the plan was to just dust in the repairs and hope they go unnoticed!! so spent a while prepping and getting ready to do that and not long after i started
i sat down and thought to myself ,, the amount of money i have spent on this car so far i really should not be skimping on the one part that will set the car off ,,, so a few days later the car looked like this again !!! ...

and then after 2 days of sanding down making sure everything about the bodywork was spot on ... it was time for primer

as far as i can remember i think it had 4 coats of primer all together ... then another day of light sanding and checking for any imperfections resulted in this ...

then was time for the nighthawk black basecoat ... 3 coats all together ...

^^^ please ignore my photo hogging friend :)

anyways was hoping to get it clear coated today but with the heat lately i havent been wanting to risk the clear flash drying as it could balls up the finish so im leaving that for a cooler day

but got started on the wings today instead ...

and well there it is ,,, this is how the car stands at the moment ,,, okay so doing it like this is setting it back a bit but im hoping it shall all be worth it in the end :)

Amazing progress thread there mate, really admire the work you are doing and looks as though its to a very high standard, looking forward to more updates as and when you get them posted

Seriously good thread. Enjoying seeing a wreck becoming something amazing.

Nice one Adam. Can't wait to see this Beauty in all its glory. Keep it up.

Thanks !! hopefully will have paintwork finished soon will have a few more pics when the car is back together !!!

got a pic of each wing they are in laquor now ,,, not finished when the cars finished and everything is back on the entire car will be yet again sanded back and then polished up ,,, but heres what they look like so far ,,,

thanks !!! and yeah i was tempted to change to milano red ,, but would have been a hell of alot more work not saying it wouldnt have been worth it but seen as i pretty much finished the bay i didnt fancy stripping it all out again to change colour ,, so NHB it is !! lol

well seen as i just found this on the fourth page i guess i should update haha

so first got some treats i got the car ,,

little ebay bargain at 30 pounds i think maybe 40 ,,,

and seen as i manages to muller my driveshafts

there supposedly tested to over 300bhp so i guess they will do for a while :)

well back to the boring stuff ,,, got the doors bonnet and boot mounted back on the car to make it easier to spray them and got to work ,,,

forgot to get a pic of basecoat so here they are just after the first coat of clear ,,,

(ignore the fumes in the garage :) )

and so far i have spent most of today rubbing out many runs that i ended up getting in the clear :) turns out it makes it slightly challenging to spray in a poorly lit garage

so just the rest of the gar to flat down now yay! although i did do a little test patch to see how the the finish is looking

just bumpers boot and sideskirts left to spray !! hopefully wont take too long getting impatient now !!!

Well... All I can say is fair play to you buddy!

First time I've seen this thread. Nice to see you're giving her a second chance at life.

Good luck with the work. Look forward to seeing more.

Great thread. Your hard work is certainly paying off, shaping up well. Look forward to seeing more updates.

Back