• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My NHB EP3

Hello guys / girls ... apologies for the recent neglect of this thread !!! i am still here haha not really much been done with the car at the moment :( unfortunately it has had to take the back seat for the past couple months as space was getting pretty tight in the garage so as you do me and the father have decided to build another one for myself and the civic to move into once its complete !!! shall give me more then enough working space to get on with the car and the old man gets his garage back to get on with his projects !!! its a double win !! (not sure the mother is too please with us stealing more garden space though haha) but hopefully the garage will be completed / usable within the next month or so !!! so back on the car i shall be !!

cheers rory!! and ahs there the standard fans i just decided to clean and paint them haha ... and alec ... im pretty sure that answered your question :)

cheers for all the support people !! will hopefully be back with some exciting updates once the little cars new home is finished :)

yeah we got a few car although its not them that are taking up the garage space!! the cars live in the garden haha garage is just full of tools and equipment and all the old mans work tools !! we used to be able to squeze 3 cars in it !! 2 with enough room to work on both ... yet now im struggling with one :(

Well guys and girls still slaving away on the thing even with zero motivation hopefully I will get it finished one day !!

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

sorry its been so long !!

got my tax reminder through not that long ago, damn 6 months went fast! (and she`s still in the garage )

but finally have my motivation back 100% !! :)

happened at the right time to as i have just had 2 weeks off work

so back to the car, i had a thought and i decided i could keep taking little skims of paint off until the new finally sticks but where`s the fun in that !!

so i brought out a small toy i haven`t used properly since me and the father bought it.so i stripped the entire car (all but the interior) and sand blasted it all back to metal !!

(forgot to get pics ill let you all slap me one day)

but i made a slight mistake in thinking i could control the sand...

and that lead to a car that looked like it had been sitting in the sahara desert!!

but no worries hetty the hoover soon sorted that out !!

so after that i then had to fix all the little dings and dents again as filler dosent last long when its taking a beating from sand !!

and this is where i am now all primered just needs a last small rub down then shes all ready to be painted again !!!!

(remembered lots of pics this time round)

please ignore the 2 different shades of grey primer !!!

think of it as modern art ... i like to call it the (oh balls i have ran out or primer on a sunday halfords will have to do )

1 halfords shelf of primer later and i have 2 rather sore hands but atleast i got the priming finished !!!!

OHH and i almost forgot to mention i also got hold of another engine !!

always good to have a spare !! and it gives me something to spend my time and money on building when the car is finished !!

havent decided what to do with it yet (K20 powered jet ski maybe )....

just kidding...

i will be building it for the car

all ideas and suggestions with what to do are more then welcome :)

so peace out for now !!! and i promise i wont leave it as long next time!!!

and before anyone asks ... it is one massive pain in the rear end to take out the rear quarter windows i certainly do not recommend it !!

sort of wish i left them in but hey! they are out now so i will just have to deal with it !!!

admire the work into this. After all that effort why dont you spray it a different colour all together?

Have been tempted with a colour change but 1. I would like the engine bay to match and I don't fancy pulling all that out again and 2. I already have all the nhb I need to do the car haha cheers guys ! I has been hard to keep the dedication after all this time I'll go through moments of not even wanting to look at the car but she shall get there soon enough !!

Nhb is already flaked ... Purple and blue I believe ... That's why I quite like it only other colour is be tempted to go is Milano

I thought about it ... Also thought about Milano ... Not a massive fan of championship white *** haha and cheers buddy !!

preview.jpg

Yellow - if you can paint the car yourself do something different :)

Back