• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Pirates Black Accord Type R

Very quickly taken photos so not amazing quality and shes a little dirty, will give her a clean and polish tomorrow for some decent photos!

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Them alloys were cheap! Good luck finding parts they are a bitch at times.

They arent in the most amazing condition need to get the redone just trying to find a decent enough place. I'm already struggling to find any of the parts i want. :(

that is rather nice mate you got plans???

few things in the pipe line, i want to get it taken in a repsrayed and all the dents takem out, the previous owner didnt seem to share my love for the car :mad:

but i am finding it very difficult to find the parts i want for it which is becoming annoying now!

TBH my NHB needs a few dents taking out, my SS is in good shape though annoyingly as thats the one that I plan to get up for sale very soon.

The previous owner use to work at a super market so the car wa always parked in a busy car park so you can imagine the amount of dents and scratches all over! And now my front lights have got all misted over so ive been googling ways to sort that and the best ive found is to put them in the oven for a bit to peel the layer off them . . any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it's moisture trapped inside the lens that turns to condensation as the nights are colder. i don't know what the accord lights look like, on some cars you have a removable circular plastic cap the size of a 2p on the top where you can open the unit to adjust the alignment, if you leave a hairdryer blowing air in there for 10-15 minutes that sucks out the moisture. its only a short term solution as if the seal is gone that is what is allowing the water ingress. a more permanent solution is to crack the light unit open then reseal it, thin layer of black bathroom sealant would do. if you want to do a proper job hide a couple of small silica gel bags in the back area behind the lens to suck up any bits of moisture that make its way in.

it's normally easier to buy a replacement set of lights from a breaker or someone who has pranged their car but left the front end intact.

yeah it's moisture trapped inside the lens that turns to condensation as the nights are colder. i don't know what the accord lights look like, on some cars you have a removable circular plastic cap the size of a 2p on the top where you can open the unit to adjust the alignment, if you leave a hairdryer blowing air in there for 10-15 minutes that sucks out the moisture. its only a short term solution as if the seal is gone that is what is allowing the water ingress. a more permanent solution is to crack the light unit open then reseal it, thin layer of black bathroom sealant would do. if you want to do a proper job hide a couple of small silica gel bags in the back area behind the lens to suck up any bits of moisture that make its way in.

quality adivce, spent the weekend working on them they now look good as new! cheers mate:D

Sorry for the almighty thread revival, but just googled my old car Reg and it came up here!

I guess I was a couple of owners before you, do you still have it? It's SORNd at the moment, one of my favourite cars.

Ps. It is/was Nighthawk Black which was rare in a pre facelift

Back