• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My rear washer is not working??

My rear Washer doesnt produce any water although the front ones work fine and the motor is running???

any ideas??

Hi Mate,

This is really quite common. I would suggest the following:-

• Remove the housing around the jet on your rear wiper. (Careful as the plastic might be a bit brittle when you unclip) or if possible it should just hinge upwards giving you access to the jet nozzle
• Use some pliers to hold the jet, gently twist and pull and it should come out.
• Use a needle to clear any obstructions from the top and bottom of the nozzle
• Try the washer with the nozzle removed, it should just squirt out freely, and should also clear the pipes
• Replace the nozzle by just pushing back into the hole, replace housing.
• Try the washer again, it should work fine, you may need to adjust the direction of the jet with your needle.

I wanted to spare you the heartache because I spent 2 hours and plenty o broken clips removing all my boot lid trim trying to trace the hose, then my dad turned up and cleaned the nozzle in 5 minutes flat.

Good Luck

Hi Mate,

Cheers for the info I will have a go at that tonight when i get home from work. sounds like it should work.

unless your dad wants to pop round and do it for me lol :)

If the above doesn't work, I removed my interior trim in 5 mins, sucked the pipe ( :( ) then all the crap came out and it worked again :)

This happens to me all the time. When the washer level is low the front still works but back doesn't. Just buzzes and no liquid.

Have you tried filling it to full?

All sorted

Thanks for all the info guys, took the nozzle end off and give it a good poking ;) and I know have a nice clean window :)

Hi Mate,

This is really quite common. I would suggest the following:-

• Remove the housing around the jet on your rear wiper. (Careful as the plastic might be a bit brittle when you unclip) or if possible it should just hinge upwards giving you access to the jet nozzle
• Use some pliers to hold the jet, gently twist and pull and it should come out.
• Use a needle to clear any obstructions from the top and bottom of the nozzle
• Try the washer with the nozzle removed, it should just squirt out freely, and should also clear the pipes
• Replace the nozzle by just pushing back into the hole, replace housing.
• Try the washer again, it should work fine, you may need to adjust the direction of the jet with your needle.

I wanted to spare you the heartache because I spent 2 hours and plenty o broken clips removing all my boot lid trim trying to trace the hose, then my dad turned up and cleaned the nozzle in 5 minutes flat.

Good Luck

Nick use the info here as it worked a treat for me :)

Only had mine 2 weeks and have had the same problem since picking her up!, will try this before going back to Honda!

Rear washer gets all the crap in it, and i've never had a car that hasn't had the rear choke up on me, apart from my old fiat where the line used to fall off internally and I would clean the inside of the panel instead! :lol:

Emma's EP2 has a blocked rear jet.
I've just removed it and its completely blocked at the nozzle. I've tried coke, lime scale remover and nothing will shift it.

Looks like I'll have to order a new one.

Emma's EP2 has a blocked rear jet.
I've just removed it and its completely blocked at the nozzle. I've tried coke, lime scale remover and nothing will shift it.

Looks like I'll have to order a new one.

This sounds really crazy but if the whole jet is metal, set fire to it with some petrol and let it burn for a few minutes (obviously in a controlled environment!).

When it is cool, any obstruction (wax, algae etc) should be gone

My motorcycle mechanic pal swears by this method.

This sounds really crazy but if the whole jet is metal, set fire to it with some petrol and let it burn for a few minutes (obviously in a controlled environment!).

When it is cool, any obstruction (wax, algae etc) should be gone

My motorcycle mechanic pal swears by this method.

Unfortunately the washer is encased in a plastic housing, I've tried spraying WD-40 onto the metal and setting it a light (as long as I dare to prevent the plastic burning) and its still completely blocked.

More annoying according to the Lings website the spray nozzle is only supplied as part of the complete rear washer motor.

Back