• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Red EP3 Type-R

New to the forum, I've had my Type-R for a few months now, can't imagine swapping it for anything although currently looking into what modifications i'd like..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimbo whats the other costs involved with the springs? Do you need camber arms etc etc and how much do they all come to?

Jimbo whats the other costs involved with the springs? Do you need camber arms etc etc and how much do they all come to?

Front camber bolts are sub £20
Rear camber arms can be had anywhere from £70 - £200 (just avoid the cheap D2 ones!)
I have the DME ones which cost £80ish

Front camber bolts are very easy to fit - front wheel off and simply swapping old top bolt in strut for new one
Rear camber arms are easy to fit, rear wheel off and undoing three easy to access bolts and swap the arms over.

Then there is the cost of having the fast road set up done, anywhere with 4 wheel laser alignment can do it but I recommend somewhere like TDI north or ABP motorsport
This cost me £95 at HI Q

It is basically a full Geometry set up on your cars alignment to a spec that suits fast road driving.

1. Hondas tolerance on tracking/alignment are awful - buying the adjustable bits allows you to adjust camber which is non adjustable as standard.
2. When lowering these tolerances become even further out of line
3. It completely changes the way the car behaves, turn in is much sharper etc.

For more info:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22184-Suspension-for-beginners

I had mine done the other week and I was a little sceptical about the results,
I knew it would be good but not to the expectations everyone on here makes it out to be but I was wrong it is worth every penny.
The car can just be pushed so much harder in the corners.

Next mod after this I recommend is decent brake pads, RBF 600 brake fluid and braided lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
It says you are from Yorkshire, as am I. So can I ask where you had the FRSU done and roughly how much i'm looking at? Thanks.

Im just outside of Hull, but I had FRSU up at a HI Q (Bush tyres), they got it slightly wrong first time so had to take it back for them to put right at least at no extra charge.

Any where with 4 wheel laser alignment can do it.

They didn't fit any of the parts though.

Where about in Yorkshire are you?

It was £95 for the alignment, I fitted most of the other parts including springs but had trouble getting one bolt off so had my mechanic do that and finish off.

If you wanted the other parts fitted like the springs etc I would expect to pay around £100 from an independent garage but if you are fairly handy with tools its not that difficult especially if you have a mate to help

Settings for FRSU:

Front toe OUT 0.5mm each side (total 1mm)
Front camber 1 degree negative each side
Rear toe IN 1mm each side (total 2mm)
Front camber 1 degree negative each side

South Yorkshire, Sheffield. And thanks, i've got a bodyshop mate that would probably do it for nothing after I pay for the parts so this will be highly considered as next mod.

Plus it would probably IMO finish the looks on the exterior, bring that arch gap down a bit :lol:

Keep us updated

Thanks mate, will do. Got a holiday coming up so will be after that no doubt. Considering respraying wheels black, unsure if I prefer white or black :/

I would have had white on my last ep3, but im so lazy when it comes to keeping a car clean, especially because where I park round the back of my house is a gravel/dust track..

Back