• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S/C engine rebuild

Hi there, the build was put on hold as I was waiting for confirmation about acceptance into a racing series, I have been accepted now so I am going to make some changes to the build, I am going to uprate the clutch further and may get the block lined, can you tell me how much you charge for Darton liners at standard bore ??

Darren

the build

Hi , didnt catch the size of your psitons, but if they are .5mm or 1mm max bigger, then standard block can be machined. You only need liners after this size.
The actual liner fitting and boring is quite expensive as the liners are the best quality, ( much better than some of the sort of 2 piece affair and Gorilla liners)
with the block being alloy it has to be held into place with a special jig and setting the machine up is time consuming, so we get batches at a time done
we also take the block down to your height and the block is also cleaned and blasted so it looks like new.

Its possible to go upto 2.2 even 2.3 as we have some special conrods for this displacment.

Like i said its time consuming and the liners arnt cheap, all in all the cost is around £800 as a special welcome rate,to my knowledge we have known some people charge upto £1100 .

just a quick one, hope you dont think im being funny but if you are going to run a lightened flywheel have a good think about which one, im not at all trying to get a sale from this but being honest and ask about the fidenza is a bit iffy ( your chose though). Also what make block gaurd have you got.

If you want a chat give us a call after weekend . im doing some dynoing then off to do some partying which ive not done for ages so wont have time for the phone. :twisted:

Latersssssssss and ahve a good one

ps we also have some really nice steel and alloy flywheels and clutches in stock which vary from excellent road all the way upto brutall ironman staus they go from £250 upto £350, proper equipment though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back