• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

You're looking at about 18% losses through 2 wheels, compared to the Evo's 24%. So 213 bhp or so for the S15 and 243 bhp ish for the Evo. Then factor in the weight difference and there isn't all that much in it.

So factor in my 30mpg to Sam's 22mpg and it's only the fact of the S15 being scary in the wet that stops it better than an Evo. Lol

30mpg? I had a pulsar GTI-R when I was in Germany (which I think has the same engine) and I got 75 miles to a tank :)

^ Correct Des.

Both use an SR20DET, but the pulsar was set up very differently. Different cams and a T28 turbo to give a lower power band for the 4wd system. It's also mounted transversely with a 5 speed box. The Silvia has VVT and a 6 speed box with much less lost through the transmission.

22mpg Mark? Id be lucky to get that. I hoon everywhere hahah but good to know that Im going to a more Economical mode of transport ;)

22mpg Mark? Id be lucky to get that. I hoon everywhere hahah but good to know that Im going to a more Economical mode of transport ;)

22mpg is the Evo 8, the S15 hits around 30 and 27 driving like a knob :lol:

Walkden said its the same as a DC5 but for RWD.
I'd agree with that but the DC5 feels fresher on the interior.

Mark, watch this. Then do it.

[video=youtube;y-bcPNJzwtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-bcPNJzwtA[/video]

Tbh this is the hardest decision I've had because the car is awesome but I know that every winter it's going to be a pain to drive.
I drove in all weathers in the Teg without a problem and although the S15 would be great as a summer car, I haven't got the money to do that. My car needs to be my work horse all year round but still be enjoyable to drive.

The S15 ticks most the boxes, it's missing on rear seats, pointless in winter and that's it.
It's almost perfect, it's just not DC5 perfect.

Winter tyres, problem solved.

I ran them on the Scooby, gripped like sh** on a blanket.

Winter tyres, problem solved.

I ran them on the Scooby, gripped like sh** on a blanket.

Right off the drive to a new owner :lol:

I could do but I'd rather just buy a DC5 and run it on normal tyres. See what the future brings.

Sam's Evo should be going on PH this weekend or next.

Back